Waterloop clear coolant turned murky white

Sepia 21

Hi, I created my first water loop system with Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO for my RTX 3090 and Eisbaer 420 for my CPU, since the loop was big and the pump power wasn't enough I added a D5 pump to the loop which helped to cool down the temps a few degrees more. The d5 pump was a combo with a res. To fill the res I purchased an Eiswasser crystal clear. after turning on the PC the water turned murky white immediately. I thought maybe the water in the radiators wasn't clear so I flushed the system twice and purchased another coolant. The problem remained unsolved. I thought maybe this is the problem with the coolant so I purchased another coolant from corsair this time. Again I flushed the system and turned it back on and as you can guess the coolant changed color immediately. I searched on google about this issue and I found out this is a problem when mixing aluminum radiators with copper ones but as it is indicated on the Alphacool website both rads are full copper base. I'm really confused and out of ideas. I appreciate any help as I'm worried that some kind of corrosion is happening in the system.
Best regards

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-13_16-38-36.jpg
    photo_2021-09-13_16-38-36.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 5

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I would like to help you, but this is quite unusual. It is normal for the fluids to discolour over time with PVC hoses, but you only use TPV hoses, don't you?
We only use copper and brass for all parts of the radiators that come into contact with water. As far as I know, the EK AGB is also only made of acetal and acrylic, so that can't really be the problem. These are all common materials.
I can therefore hardly explain it. Unless you've had really bad luck with the liquids. Did you happen to use tap water when rinsing? Or distilled water?

Sepia 21

No, I haven’t rinsed them at all, I was thinking to buy a bottle of distilled water and flush the system 5-10 times with that and then add coolant to it.
do you think this might help?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I would try it. No need for 10 times.... but 4-5 times would be good. If it doesn`t help, i have no more ideas, sorry.