what is the alphacool 240 280 and 360mm radiators TDP capacity

Cyber MageKnight

what is the TDP capacity for alphacool aio out of the box i need the estimated TDP limits of each size aio radiator 240mm 280mm and 360mm does this also need to be passed by the info email at alphacool? or can i get my answer here

Cyber MageKnight

can an alphacool 240mm aio handle a max tdp of 300 or higher i know there are some coolers made by deepcool that can cool up to 280w tdp but thats the exact tdp of my cpu (3rd gen threadripper 32 cores/ 64 threads) 280w TDP my case only has room for 1 360mm radiator it can fit another radiator but its 240 and my graphics card is the evga kingpin 3090 which comes liquid cooled but it has a 360mm radiator i need to be able to cool my cpu with an aio and my graphics card with its own aio

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
With stock fans and ambient temperature of max 30°C
240 - 350W
280 - 420W
360 - 500W

But if you like to get "good" temperatures without running fans on max
240 - 250W
280 - 320W
360 - 380W

Cyber MageKnight

i want to know the tdp capacitys of the lt series too the lt240 and lt360 cause im working with sff cases and cases that have limited room

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Cyber MageKnight

The values that @Eddy wrote should also apply to the LT variant. Since the radiators are identical, the same pump is installed, and the radiator base would have to be the same even for the non-LT version. Of course, it always depends on where the radiator is installed in the housing and whether it draws in cold air from the outside or blows out the warmer air, or the general airflow in the housing.

Best Regards

Cyber MageKnight

im looking at mini atx cases what is the 92mm the 120mm and 140mm radiator tdp support this should be my last question on this thread

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hey

That's not a problem for the questions.
Unfortunately, I don't know how much TDP of the 92mm. What I know you can expect +/- 100 watt TDP per 120mm radiator surface, this also depends on the fans (speed, static pressure). And +/- 130 watt TDP per 140mm radiator surface. I don't know any more or better right now. Maybe someone else has more precise values to use as a guide.

Your Welcome

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hard to give here an answere because it depends on the fans and the temperatures you like to get. With a 4000rpm industrial fan, you can handle around 250W with the 92mm radaitor, with a 1000rpm fan for acceptable temperatures.

joethestranger

What's the best fan you would reccomend?
For case airflow I have Noctua Industrial 3000rpm fans. They should be quite good for radiators also.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The "best" fan.... uh... i dont care much about the performance of a fan. 2-3° more or less is not important for me. If i have to care about 2-3° than i have another problem because then my loop is not good enough.
I would never buy the Industrial fans from Noctua. I dont like the noise of them at low rpm. I personally prefere cheap Artic fans for firends and i use mostly old Noisblocker Black Silence or BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 (not 3 and no Pure Wings). And if Noctua than NF Reduce or the normal NF fans not industrial.

joethestranger

Thanks. For the last 10 years or so I have used only Noctuas. Silent Wings are good too, as per reviews I have seen.

I'm new to liquid cooling. Extreme 280 is my first liquid cooler. In my previous setup with 7820x, I used D15s for CPU cooler and only way to keep the temps reasonable was to have the best fans possible. For daily use i had it at 4600MHz, but was stable and around 90C at 4800MHz. This was with two fans on D15s and three Noctua Industrial 3000rpm fans in front at max rpm. It was loud.

Now few days with Extreme 280, I see that having the biggest and meanest fans is no longer necessary. Actually can't believe I didn't try liquid cooling sooner. It's so quiet and I wouldn't never achieve the temps with any air cooler. I believe the D15s is used is one of the best, if not the best.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Silent Wings dont have the best performance on a radiator. But i like them because of the noise. I have an i9 7860X and i used over a short time a Eisbaer Aurora 360. My temps was around 58° under full load. With OC on 5Ghz my temps was at ~78° under full load (Cinebench loop 60 minutes) with stock fans on 1200rpm. My room temperature was 24-25°C (i like it warm). Eisbaer Extreme has a similar performance like the Eisbaer Aurora 360 because of the better CPU cooler but a smaler radiator.
D15 is one of the best air cooler. There are 3-4 cooler wich are as good as the Noctua but the performance of all is very similar.

joethestranger

78C under full load is really good. Bit off-topic, but what voltages are you using? For 4,7Ghz I have to use input voltage 1,78V and core voltage 1,175V. I'm using XMP profile for memory, meaning I'm actually overclocking it also. Without XMP profile selected I can lower the voltages.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Uh... not really sure right now. Had it only a few weeks on 5Ghz and its a bit ago. Its running now on Stock, enough power for me right now. Think it was something around 1,68-1,7V not more and core..... sorry, dont know right now and i am not at home to check. But to be honest, it was a selected engineer sample wich was very good. I have 360 + 240 ST30 rads and a 2080Ti with powerlimit on 115%.