Cannot decide on CPU block

cbmcbm

Hi,

Is there a real difference in performance of this cooling blocks?
1. Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora
2. Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
3. Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora PRO

I will use it for Intel Core i7-9700KF. I need to have possibility to OC it, but not extreme.

xitywampas

I'd get the Edge because it's brass, and the regular Aurora is Aluminum. Not that that's bad but it can make a difference. Just make sure if you use mixed metals in the loop you have coolant with good corrosion inhibitors.

xitywampas

This should do the trick.
Make sure to flush the loop with distilled water or other highly pure water like:
They also have cleaning liquid for maintenance cleaning.

AndrejsR

I'd get the Edge because it's brass, and the regular Aurora is Aluminum. Not that that's bad but it can make a difference. Just make sure if you use mixed metals in the loop you have coolant with good corrosion inhibitors.
Where did u get this info? I just checked tech data and both edge and non edge blocks are nickel plated copper. But yes edge version looks nicer tho

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I'd get the Edge because it's brass, and the regular Aurora is Aluminum.
Both are brass cooler. Where did you found the info that the normal is Aluminium??? We dont offer any parts where aluminium is in touch with water. Only full Aluminium radiators for industrial customers.

xitywampas

Where did u get this info? I just checked tech data and both edge and non edge blocks are nickel plated copper. But yes edge version looks nicer tho
Both are brass cooler. Where did you found the info that the normal is Aluminium??? We dont offer any parts where aluminium is in touch with water. Only full Aluminium radiators for industrial customers.
My bad. I don't know how I got that. I probably looked at the wrong datasheet. The Edge is nicer though.