expanding Lt360 to include 6900XT

goldman18

Hello, i am looking to watercool my 6900XT, i have an existing LT360 with my 5950x.
Whats the suggestion here?
Do i get the AIO and install as a seperate loop or connect both AIOs?
Do i buy just the block and connect it with the existing 360mm rad?

Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

first of all, which GPU do you have exactly. We will need the name or PCB number to check which water block is compatible.

goldman18

Hi, sorry I should have said, It's the gigabyte 6900xt (part number: GIGA/GV-R69XT-16GC-B)
I did use your compatibility checker on your website so im hoping my suggestions above are right.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi Thanks for the information. Both linked water blocks should be compatible with your GPU. If you want to expand the EIsbaer with a radiator and GPU cooler, I recommend to use our Eiswolf, since the pump from the Eisbaer wouldn´t be strong enough for such a loop alone, you will need a 2nd pump or a stronger pump for sufficient water flow.

goldman18

thanks for the reply. I dont have any other watercooling equipment, i can fit another rad in the case, so are you suggesting the best thing here is to
buy the Eiswolf 2 AIO and connect both loops together? or keep them seperate? surely if the pumps are of different strength keeping them isolated is better?

Also I have room in my fractal 7xl for a 480mm radiator, should i look to accomodate the biggest radiator or will the one on the AIO suffice? im looking for minimal noise here and wont be overclocking the card.

Last edited: