Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC Waterforce 10GB replacement waterblock?

wooand

I just bought the "Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 Gaming/Eagle with Backplate (11942)" to replace the terrible nickel plated aluminum one that came with the card. After a year it was pretty corroded. Not going to bother to RMA it with Gigabyte as I understand Gigabyte just sends you back another one with the same block (if you are lucky at all).
Now I am not sure if the Eisblock Aurora I bought will actually fit my card? I noticed that the power connectors are in a different place on mine (facing away from the motherboard, rather than on the end of the card) as shown in the 11942 schematics. So it looks like the layout on the PCB may be very different?

Did I screw up and get a block that wont fit?

Thanks for any feedback or advice.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

I am sorry but we don´t have any information about the used PCB Layout of this GPU, since it is normally already a water cooled GPU.
You can either send us a photo of the PCB so that we can check it or you can compare it by yourself. THis PCB is compatible with our water block.

wooand

Hi Vanzin. Thanks for the quick response!
I think I answered my own question from a reddit post I found. Looks like the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming that came with a waterblock have a right angle connector so that the power cords can be moved to the front of the card. I believe the rest of the PCB is going to be the same as the one in the JPG you attached. I attached a pic showing part of the PCB with the right angle connector. This also explains why my card is so freakishly long!test-gigabyte-rtx-3080-gaming-oc-10g-58.jpg
I think I am safe using your block.
Thanks!