TUF 4080 SUPER PCB layout vs waterblock layout

germs

Hi all,

I am new to the forums, I saw the support team is quite reactive with their responses and the community dynamic.

I would like some clarifications regarding the TUF 4080 SUPER PCB and the waterblock "Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl RTX 4080 Strix" - article number 13530.

The website says this waterblock is compatible with the TUF 4080 SUPER - no doubt it is ; if others are using this combo, please share your thoughts!

But when checking the layouts of the PCB and the waterblock, there are some parts that have no purpose in my understanding. I would like your thoughts on this please.

You'll find in the attached jpeg the screw holes that match between PCB and waterblock - this is not the concern, it's just a reference for the images to match.

My concern is the the pink squares : as per the manual, there should be thermal pads here, but what is it suppose to touch? There are no components there.

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to review my post.

Cheers:)

Attachments

• layout_PCB_TUF4080SUPER_waterblock.jpg
    layout_PCB_TUF4080SUPER_waterblock.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 8

germs

Hello again,

This reddit post has recently come to my attention regarding an issue with this combo (TUF 4080 SUPER with Eisblock Aurora Acryl RTX 4080 Strix) .

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/comments/1cuh5ps
I would like to have your thoughts on it. I'm starting to hesitate to get this waterblock and worry that I won't be able to watercool my 4080.

Appreciate all feedback, thank you!

Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Gu @germs
as you can good see in your photo are the pink squares placeholder on the 4080 Super. In other versions, there can be components.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member

You can find in the Link a official statement from us regarding the Problem with the Package Problem of the GPU DIE. If your GPU is affected with the problem you can contact us to get the softer 1mm thermal pads, which will solve the problem.

germs

You can find in the Link a official statement from us regarding the Problem with the Package Problem of the GPU DIE. If your GPU is affected with the problem you can contact us to get the softer 1mm thermal pads, which will solve the problem.
Thank you Vanzin! This is a very insightful thread, I hope I don't encounter the same issue.

Regards