Eisball

Krasseknar

Hi,

I was thinking of redoing my custom loop and get creative by integrating two Eisball reservoirs. I know it is not necessary to have two pumps, but just for the fun of it and at the same time have the benefit of redundancy.

But I noticed that untill shortly the Eisball reservoirs were fitted with VPP775 V3 pumps which due to their adjusted bearings where also able to run vertical or even upside down.

Now if I look at the webshop they are fitted with the VPP Apex pump. Does this mean the VPP775 is EOL and more important with the new VPP Apex pump will I be restricted to horizontal mounting of the Eisball?

Just to know so I can consider mounting positions for planning my new custom loop.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

the VPP755 is EOL and we don´t produce it anymore. THe VPP Apex is the newer version of a VPP755 and can be used in the same directions as the VPP755. Please note that no pump likes it, to be mounted up side down, this also includes the VPP755

Krasseknar

HI,

the VPP755 is EOL and we don´t produce it anymore. THe VPP Apex is the newer version of a VPP755 and can be used in the same directions as the VPP755. Please note that no pump likes it, to be mounted up side down, this also includes the VPP755
Ok Vazin, thanks for the info. Guess they have to go the regular way.

Just another question, I know from experience that PETG hard tubing colors different under UV-light than Acrylic (PETG is sort of slightly UV-reactive and Acrylic stays clear, except for acrylic that is made UV-reactive on purpose).
The Eisball reservoirs are made of Nylon I red somewhere, is there maybe some user feedback and/or pictures of an Eisball in UV-light?

Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

I am sorry but we don´t have a photo of an Eisball in UV-Light. You can find all photos, which we are offering in the Online Shop.