Pump speed VPP D5 apex

Charlyred

Hello everyone: I have a problem and I wanted to ask you:

Since I dismantled the system to add a new radiator I cannot vary the speed of the pump. I have the cable connected to the correct port on the motherboard. Comment that before disassembling everything, the variable speed control worked correctly.

Any ideas?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

are you still using the same fan port on your motherboard? If you have switch it, make sure in your BIOS, that you are setting it correctly to PWM. IF you didn´t switch it, it seems like that the cable or electronic of the pump has a problem. DId you check if the fan header is connected to a 4Pin fan header on your motherboard? DId you make sure, that it is connected correctly and you didn´t miss a pin?

Charlyred

Hello again. The pump is connected to the board through the W_pump+ port in its valid position. The Bios speed control recognizes it, but even if it allows the speed to be modified, the pump always rotates at maximum rpm. As an anecdote, I would like to mention that, when I installed the new installation, at the time of filling the circuit, I was not able to make it spin by bypassing the power supply, I had to enter the bios to "reset" it and be able to make it work.....

Charlyred

Today it seems that it works, not from bios control but from software control. With a value of 0 in pwn it runs at 2111 rpm and at 4500 with a value of 100, I think they are normal values. Everything is a little strange, I'm afraid that the pump is starting to die, which worries me since it is only 6 months old and has little use 😭

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

2100RPM is the lowest possible RPM of the pump, so this is okay. If you can´t control it in your BIOS but with the software it seems that your BIOS has a problem. Did you update your BIOS? IF yes, try a older version. Sometimes the newest versions are "Beta" Versions with bugs or problems. IF you didn´t update your BIOS, a update can help.