4090 TUF temps on the Core block

BoloDia

Hi,

What are the expected GPU and vRam temperatures under load on the Core block given that water dT is 10C and the room temperature is 21C?

Thanks!

BoloDia

I am asking because in Quake RTX I observe 86C VRAM temp. whereas GPU sits at 55C with the power consumption of above 500W. Do you agree that the VRAM temp. is too high? Or maybe you designed the block to be like that.

In normal games VRAM temp. is 72C and GPU temp is 50C.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

72°C under normal load for the VRAM is very good. Quake is unfortunately a very heavy loader for the VRAM, so the temperature can be higher than normal, but this is something we can´t influence.

BoloDia

So you don't see anything odd when it comes to my temperatures? I am a little worried because I used thermal putty instead of thermopads and I wonder if I can achieve better VRAM temps. with high quality thermopads. 86C on VRAM on water sounds crazy high.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Thermal Putty is something i would never recommend on GPUs. I know, a alot of people are talking about thermal putty, mainly about K5 but we also made some tests in our side.... results was bad.

BoloDia

Right. I agree with you. It is a bad idea performance wise. But there is no need to measure the chips to find the right thickness of thermal pads. If only the performance was better.