ADD Pump+Reservoir to an Eisbaer+Eiswolf Loop - HELP NEEDED!!!

Cayan

I would like to add a more a Pump+Reservoir into my Eisbaer Aurora 360 and Eiswolf 2 loop. I would like to try better temps and make the drain/refill of the coolant easier. And of course, better looks.

Questions:

1 - A better/stronger pump into this loop will improve the temps?
2 - Should I replace the hose of the loops with a 10/13 instead? ( will that help with the temps/flow? )
3 - Should I consider also to add a 3rd Radiator? ( 3x 360mm )? Is that an overkill for a 5950x and RTX 3090 or it will help with temps as well?
4 - If I add only the reservoir, of 150ML... Are the pumps of both AIO enough to run the loop? Or do I need to add an extra pump if I want a reservoir?
5 - What Coolant is used on these loops that I have? I want to buy it to fill the reservoir.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
1. Maybe a bit but not much. Think we are talking about ~2k.
2. Will change nothing in flow and temps.
3. More radiator space = alwayse better temps. BUT.... Provided that there is a certain radiator area, the temperatures drop very little. I guess you already have two 360mm radiators? Then this does not bring so much more. The bottleneck at some point is the heat transfer from the GPU/CPU via the heatspreader, the thermal paste to the radiator bottom and then to the water. At some point, it just doesn't get any better.
4. Yes, both pumps are strong enough for that.
5. Tec Protect 2: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/kuehlfluessigkeiten/29051/alphacool-tec-protect-2-clear-1000ml

Cayan

Thanks.

If I decide to add only a reservoir, for the looks... I was thinking about this:

Alphacool Eisbecher 150mm Acryl reservoir​

Question:

Is it possible to add this reservoir on a Eisbaer+Eiswolf loop without a pump? Or this reservoir "requires" a pump?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
This one?

For this reservoir you dont need a pump.

If you read in the product name something like D5, VPP, DDC or DC-LT, you need a pump. If there is nothing like that in the product name, it is a reservoir only without an option for a pump.