Adding a reservoir to an Eisbaer 240 ?

tek3195

I would like to know if an additional res will work with the pump/res combo of an Eisbaer. I have added a 120mm rad and replaced tubing with clear tubes and Eiswasser crystal red coolant. I am having issues with bleeding the air out of the system as it would be complicated to fill and purge out of case and then install. Just installing one component at a time is challenging with limited space. Also can not see the window on the pump/res at all unless I cut an ugly hole in my case, don't want to do that. A small reservoir where I could fill and bleed from would be great but don't know if it will work with existing res, will air get trapped at pump, added res or both ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If the further expansion tank is higher than the expansion tank of the Eisaber, then this should not be a problem. At most, it may take a while until everything is vented. But it is feasible.

tek3195

If the further expansion tank is higher than the expansion tank of the Eisaber, then this should not be a problem. At most, it may take a while until everything is vented. But it is feasible.
It may be difficult to get higher, unless it's really small res. From this view can you see a simple solution for filling and bleeding ? It is hard to see but the fan above the pump is closer to you than pump, it's not directly over it. If I cut a hole in the case to view the window I could rotate, flip and shake the whole machine to get air to the pump/res that is already there. Might that be the best option, as long as cut to not look like shit ? Case has already been cut on for rad and fan grills since q300l has crap air flow.https://www.mediafire.com/file/bvackeb1dwoeg6x/IMG_20210401_072204_1_1.jpg/file

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sorry.... i dont see a simple solution for that. Like you said, best way is to shake verything and rotate it as much as you can while the pump is running to get the air out. Sometimes it also helps if you repeatedly press the hose together briefly with your fingers at various points. This blocks the flow. When you then let go, the flow is briefly increased slightly by the pressure that has built up. This can also be very helpful.

tek3195

Sorry.... i dont see a simple solution for that. Like you said, best way is to shake verything and rotate it as much as you can while the pump is running to get the air out. Sometimes it also helps if you repeatedly press the hose together briefly with your fingers at various points. This blocks the flow. When you then let go, the flow is briefly increased slightly by the pressure that has built up. This can also be very helpful.
Well, if you don't see a simple solution I am going to say there isn't one. You would know better than me, this is my first build so I'm learning as I go. Now to decide whether to take it all apart to cut or put a shop-vac hose next to cut and aim the sparks down the hose. Thanks for the info and insight, I appreciate it.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I am sorry..... maybe somebody here has an idea. Since I have never used small enclosures, I lack practical experience here. I can only speak about what I have seen and read in others' cases. But off the top of my head I don't know how else you could do it.

tek3195

I am sorry..... maybe somebody here has an idea. Since I have never used small enclosures, I lack practical experience here. I can only speak about what I have seen and read in others' cases. But off the top of my head I don't know how else you could do it.
I think I may have it figured out. I ordered a Eisfluegel G1/4 square flow indicator that has the third port I can use for fill and bleed. Getting it higher than pump/res is simple if I mount it close to side panel and lay PC on its back to fill and bleed. CoolerMaster q300l is designed for vertical or horizontal position. If I mount the indicator with the right orientation it will be horizontal when PC is in vertical, I will still be able to see indicator, and when PC is horizontal there will be an open port at the absolute top most position of the cooling system. As long as that flow indicator is not position sensitive I think it will work.