Adding active 3090 backplate to Eiswolf 2

Bullant

Hi gang, excited to see that the active backplates are available for the the 3090, I have been waiting for them so that I can add it to my existing Eiswolf 2 AIO setup. I do have a couple of questions though.

1. The product page says I can't use the mini-block solution with the Eiswolf 2 pump, so I am assuming that I effectively need two new hoses, each with a 1/4" connecter on one end to connect to the backplate and a quick connect connecter on the other end to insert into the existing loop? If this is the case can you please tell me if you sell these tubing sets already made up, and if not exactly what I'd need to buy as there are so many options I was lost?

Had another look, is this what I need?

2. Is it better the break the existing loop on the entry or exit? In other words is is better to insert the backplate into the loop so that the cold coolant hits the backplate first, which would obviously push warmer coolant on the GPU, or the other way around so that the GPU gets cooled first and the warmer coolant is hitting the backplate and VRAM?

3. Obviously adding the extra tubing will mean that the system needs to be topped up or replaced. Do I need to replace all of the coolant (it is only 6 months old), or can I just top it up?

4. Is this the coolant I need? And is 1L enough to fill this setup? https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water...ady-to-use/28704/apex-liquid-eco-1000ml-clear

5. Are there any particular tricks or pitfalls I need to be aware of when topping up/refilling the system?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Last edited: