AIO for 12700k

Hu5o1989

Hi everyone, I am going to buy a new AIO cooler because I would have to buy a 12700k, which would be the right minimum size as a radiator to keep good temperatures while keeping me away from problems. Question, do all your AIOs come with the lga1700 socket mounting kit already? when will Alphacool Apex Backplate be available to solve the socket bending problem? Sorry for the many questions. Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
All coolers are compatible to LGA 1700. But it can be that you get an older version of the XPX Pro variants that does not contain the complete MOntage material, then please contact our support, we will send the missing parts free of charge. We only need the invoice of the store where you bought the cooler, no matter which store. And yes, the Apex backplate improves cooling significantly and avoids the socket problem as much as possible.

Hu5o1989

Thanks for the reply :), so from the Aurora AIO series upwards and from 360mm radiators upwards it is possible to manage all the heat produced by the i7 12700k with Power limits above 190 Watts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Correct, that works. Btw.... 190W is nothing, we are using 360mm radiators in server with 1500W waste of heat ;)

Hu5o1989

ok not to open a new thread, i will continue here, so i am building the new pc (with 12900kf), I made the order from you ( order n:30149788) and took 420mm Eisbaer Aurora Pro AIO , but with great disappointment, besides the damaged packaging and the lack of a rubber washer inside the backplate' kit , it was fitting inside the case (Fractal Meshify 2 xl), i can't put it on top or in front because the tubes are too short (40cm for a 420mm radiator!?!?)and the only way is to put it on top with the tubes exit of the radiator facing the back of the case but even there they do not fit because they are too stiff and touch the back fan. So please how can I do, can you help me out of this problem ? Changing the tubes? How?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, yes, the damage and the missing scope of delivery is annoying & therefore you should contact our support via email. (info@alphacool.com)

It is difficult with regard to the length of the tube. The tube length is known in advance, as we provide the data in our data sheet. When planning the water cooling in the chosen case, this must also be taken into account in advance (ideally before purchase). In the end, the tube length of our AIOs is fine for the majority of our customers.

The exchange is actually quite simple. If you can loosen the fittings on the hoses without damaging the locking rings, you can even use them again. Otherwise, you just have to replace the hose with the quick-release coupling with longer hoses & then fill up with new coolant at the end via the Eisbaer Pro cooler. If you do it this way, you should get the AIO in the desired position. Attached is a list of parts you will need:

1x

1x

1x

1x

1x

1x Possibly, if you cannot get the quick-release coupling off the hose properly!

Hu5o1989

Ok thank again , you're right I had to check the measurements better but unfortunately the case arrived too late to realize that the measurements were not suitable for my needs,but would I have some questions before doing this? It is the first time that I have put my hands in the customization of liquid cooling
1)if I do this Will I risk losing the warranty on the whole kit?
2) A normal cutter is fine for cutting the tubes?
3) Do I have to screw everything by hand without tools to not break anything?
4) Having to empty the entire system of coolant, how much coolant does it take to fill the whole kit just to get an idea of how safe there should be?
5)Can I follow your video tutorial for the Aio refill procedure? So is it better to take the refill kit?
Thanks again for your patience in answering me, I must say that so far you are the best customer service I have ever encountered .Your products are among the best in the world and your relationship with your customers shows your passion for your work.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Regarding your questions

1. only if you have demonstrably caused damage yourself during the conversion.
2. as long as the hoses have a clean and straight cut edge, you can cut with whatever you want. A large pair of scissors will also work well.
3. never use tools to tighten connections.
4. yes, you will have to refill the whole system. 1L of fluid is sufficient for this.
5. you don't necessarily have to use the refill kit. But a funnel is very helpful.

Hu5o1989

Regarding your questions

1. only if you have demonstrably caused damage yourself during the conversion.
2. as long as the hoses have a clean and straight cut edge, you can cut with whatever you want. A large pair of scissors will also work well.
3. never use tools to tighten connections.
4. yes, you will have to refill the whole system. 1L of fluid is sufficient for this.
5. you don't necessarily have to use the refill kit. But a funnel is very helpful.
ok finally i finished modifying the cooling system with the recommended parts, it took some time but it wasn't very complicated (although it left me a lot of questions) . The only doubt I have left is is the mounting of the heatsink on the socket, because I received the kit with a separate instruction sheet, only on the site I found the updated manual where, however, the instructions were different, there were to add a nut between the base and all screws with the spring and the kasher; however, having health problems in my hands, I cannot use a lot of force on my fingers to screw them , so i can screw them with a screwdriver? Do I have to completely compress each spring for correct screwing?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The nut was only for holding the screws on position before mounting. But some customers have not turned them in far enough. As a result, it rested on the motherboard and you couldn't properly tighten the cooler. In the end, you had no contact pressure, so we'll leave these out in the future.

You can use a screwdriver. Just make sure that you don't screw the screws in all the way, but only until just before.

Hu5o1989

The nut was only for holding the screws on position before mounting. But some customers have not turned them in far enough. As a result, it rested on the motherboard and you couldn't properly tighten the cooler. In the end, you had no contact pressure, so we'll leave these out in the future.

You can use a screwdriver. Just make sure that you don't screw the screws in all the way, but only until just before.
Ok if I have translated correctly, the nuts must be tightened a minimum so that they do not become a problem later, then I will take as a limit to screw correctly, the spring with its coils that touch each other,and the screw must not lock with the motherboad.
The pump when attached to the motherboard in PWM at 100% (in DC for some reason, after some time, it lowers rpm up to 600, I have a Msi z690 Force) runs at about 2900/3000 RPM, that's correct ?
Thank you very much for the support you give, many other manufacturers are not very helpful with their customers, yours is a real strength.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Ok if I have translated correctly, the nuts must be tightened a minimum so that they do not become a problem later, then I will take as a limit to screw correctly, the spring with its coils that touch each other,and the screw must not lock with the motherboad.
Correct
The pump when attached to the motherboard in PWM at 100% (in DC for some reason, after some time, it lowers rpm up to 600, I have a Msi z690 Force) runs at about 2900/3000 RPM, that's correct ?
Yes, the pump should run with ~2800rpm (some tolerances are normal so 3000rpm are also fine). Not sure why the pump lowers the speed if you run over DC on this board, sorry. Bit strange. But on PWM the pump alsways got 12V so full power.
Thank you very much for the support you give, many other manufacturers are not very helpful with their customers, yours is a real strength.
Thanks. We try to help as much as we can. :) Especially newcomers to the whole topic of water cooling need a little support. Most of the time, customers do everything right, but sometimes they are a little unsure or afraid that they have done something wrong. That's what the forum is for :)