Alphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU

Kikilo

Hello,

I have owned Alphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU for 4 years. I confess I've done no maintenance in all the time I've been cooling my own. I bought a new processor and unfortunately I have high temperatures. I took the circuit apart and removed the old liquid with a large amount of lump. I bought a new fluid, but unfortunately that didn't help. I still have high temperatures Is there any product to clean the radiator? My second question is about extending the coolant to the chaldic for Gigabyte RX 6900 XT is there any in your menu? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Kikilo

Who you had lumps in the old coolant. Then it is very likely that the cooling fins in the base plate are also clogged and the temperatures are high. To do this, you would have to remove your Icebear, drain the coolant again and dismantle the bottom of the unit.
All you have to do is remove the 4 screws. The base plate can be cleaned with a toothbrush and distilled water. When assembling you have to be careful that the seals have not slipped. And tighten the screws hand-tight again.

Unfortunately, I can't give you an answer to your second question, someone else has to answer that.

Best Regards

Kikilo

Hi @Luckystricker

Thank you for your reply. My circuit was all taken apart. I dismantled the radiator on the CPU. I tried to clear the hoses with compressed air. Unfortunately, I don't know what to use to clean the radiator.

Have a nice day.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Kikilo

The radiator should only be flushed with distilled water. There are special cleaners from different manufacturers, but these should be used with caution as they can attack the copper. I haven't had any experience with it or tested it.

Best Regards