Alphacool Eisbaer 420 CPU - should I refill it?

Zurgalau

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I am a noob in the water cooling domain, so forgive me if I ask stupid or inappropriate questions.

Secondly, to the matter at hand, I own an AIO Alphacool Eisbaer 420 CPU cooler since 2018. No problems until now, everything seems working fine.
What I'm wondering is if I would need to replenish the coolant after two years of daily operation (approx. 6 hours/day) - in a similar way to refilling the coolant in cars.
Does the coolant evaporate during its lifetime in this kind of AIO cooler?

If yes, I need to find out how to check if the cooler system needs to be re-filled with liquid.
Is there a way of verifying the amount of coolant that still exists in the reservoir + radiator? How much liquid I should add in that case?

Thank you in advance for your support and for your answering.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Zurgalau

When you need help there are no stupid or inappropriate questions.
It doesn't hurt if you change the water every few years.
However, you must not use normal tap water. Distilled water should be used for rinsing, and special water for water cooling for filling.

The easiest way to check how much water is missing is by who you are removing the AIO. Then you can hold the pump / cooler unit above the radiator. Then you shake the radiator slightly, if you hear the water swaying around, there is air in it. There is a sight glass on the pump / cooler unit, there you can also see whether water is running off. How to fill it the easiest way I link a video where you can see it nicely. To do this, I link the required water and a set that makes filling easier.

The Refill Video

The Water

The Refill Set

The Eisbaer 420 should contain around 500ml of water.
I hope I was able to answer your questions and if you still have any or are not sure, just get in touch.

Best Regards