Alphacool Eisbaer LT240 power specification

AGCARDOSO

Hi,
I've recently acquired an Alphacool Eisbaer LT240 system and noticed the pump connector comes with 3 wires while
my motherboard comes with all fan sockets with 4 wires.

Can you provide specification on how to match those. Please see picture of MSI MEG Z490I UNIFY connectors.
Your manual makes no reference to the pin-out.

20201102_234542.jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Your mainboard uses 4-pin PWM connectors for everything. You can also put the 3-pin connector on it, that's no problem. If you set the connector in the bios to PWM, the pump gets 12V permanently, if you set it to DC, you can regulate the voltage.

This also applies to fans. 3-pin fans cannot be controlled by PWM, they always run at full speed. If you switch this to DC, then you can control the fans by voltage. For example with 7V instead of 12V. The same applies to the pump.

AGCARDOSO

Thanks for the feedback.
It would be good to improve the manual going forwards by adding some hints on what you just explained above.
KRs.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
To be honest.... it is not possible to write a manual wich explains everything exactly because it depends also on the rest of the parts you are using. If you would write the perfect manual, it would be like a book with over 100 pages. So the manual would be more expensive than the product itselfe ;-)

AGCARDOSO

If you explain your pin out that would suffice, 1 is ground, 2 is power (7C, 12V), 3 is sense.
Your customers expect for sure that "Engineered in Germany" still has some value to it materialized into quality...hope I'm not wrong on this one.

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yeah, thats maybe a good idea for the next manual update. But will takes month to get new manuals because all Resellers and Distributors have a lot on stock because of marry christmas.