Alphacool Eisbaer pro Aurora 240, pump not working?

Tedat1

Hello,

I just installed my Alphacool Eisbaer pro aurora 240, but I dont think the pump is working?

The pump is making zero noise, I cant see any movement inside through the glass of the pump and I feel zero vibration when I touch it. The PC is of course overheating after a few minutes, and I cant figure out what is wrong.

The sleeved 3-pin connector from the pump is connected to the 4-pin CPU fan connector on the motherboard.

After a few minutes when I touch the OUT tube I can feel it is getting hot inside.

The RPM on the pump is zero, a random number, zero, a random number and so on every other second.

Edit:

I am now quite sure that the pump is not working correctly.

1. I only connected the pump 12V 3-pin connector to the included controller, and the controller to the PSU. My idle temperature is roughly 65 degrees, and under a bit of load it goes up to 99 degrees.
2. I disconnected the pump and started my computer, and I see the same temperature. It is now starting to idle around 65 degrees. It is maybe a tad bit more sensitive now when I do any task.

I have tried to turn my computer in every direction to see if it would get things going, but nothing is happening.

I have undervolted and set a limit on the wattage to the cpu, and I reckon this is what is keeping it from overheating.

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Did you tried another connector for the pump? If the pump still doesn't seem to run and you can't read RPM, replace the AIO. Then the pump indeed seems to have a defect. First step is to ask your dealer for an exchange. Unless you bought from us directly. Then please send a mail to info@alphacool.com

Tedat1

Hello,

Yes, I have tried to connect the pump three different ways:
1. MB, both pump pin and CPUFAN pin
2. Directly to the PSU with the included fan-controller
3. To my second fan-controller where I have all my other fans connected

Also when connected to the MB I have tried:
1. Changed settings in the BIOS to DC or PWN
2. I have set the pump to 100% when I had it connected to one of the MB pins.

I have already talked to the retailer here in Norway and I will unfortunately have to return it.