Alphacool Eisbaer240 Pump failure.

Mike1990

Last week, my computer was running fine, Using MSI afterburner my temps monitored were 50-60 degrees Celsius. I turned it off after a night of gaming, and the next day i turn it on my computer freezes shortly after boot when getting into windows. I restarted and received a bios error. "CPU over temperature".

after looking at the thermals in my Bios for the Asus X99E/WS board. I saw that the package temp hit 90 degrees Celsius just being in the bios from a cold boot in under 4 minutes of idle time. There were no changes in hardware configuration. But i did notice that the computer was running a little more quiet than normal. I put my ear up to the Pump Reservoir combo. I cannot hear the pump running. Only the Eiswind fans and the chassis fans.

The AIO was bought from Newegg roughly 9 months ago back in march/april of 2019. I had it working without problem for almost a year. Neweggs return policy is only 30 days. So I need to do one of two things.

1. RMA it for a new Eisbaer240.

2. Get a replacement pump for the reservoir/cold plate combo. (will require detailed instructions and resources to do this)

Either way the unit is currently pulled and my system is under clocked to 3 ghz until i can get a replacement cooler. I require assistance, what do i do to get this working or replaced being a customer in the USA, Thanks.

Mike1990

I am sorry to hear that dude :( Do you think you are able to change the pump inside the unit by your self?

I honestly do not know. I have never done something like that before. I know resources exist that go over the procedure.

I saw a video on youtube where somebody drained the reservoir using the refill port and unscrewed the base of the cold plate to remove the pump from the housing.

I guess my concern would be making sure its properly connected electronically and filled with the right type and amount of fluid.
It was also shown to grab an external power supply and connect the pump using a 4 pin header to run it before installing to remove air bubbles.

I am open to giving it a try. What method does your product warranty cover out of curiosity?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well we do offer here in Europe two years warranty but i know you guys have there different rules i mean in the US. Or did i got you wrong? If you think you can replace the pump we are ready to send you one asap.

Mike1990

Ok, I do want to try it since it would be a cool learning experience.

If i were to send the whole unit back into Europe, shipping would probably cost me more than to have a replacement pump sent here to try on my own. At the moment, my backup cooler is a passive aluminum heat sink with a fan attached, (Zalman FX70). I have my PC up and running but its under clocked to 3.3 Ghz, as opposed to 3.6-4.0 under Intel's stock and turbo speeds.

This will allow me to look up all the needed components into proper disassembly. If you need any additional information, let me know.

Mike1990

Ok i will do so. What information do you require in the email?

i can pull whats needed from my account bio in terms of personal info and financing. I just need to know if there's any technical details you wish to know or if its just all shipping billing and identity info.

Mike1990

I just got word the new pump is on its way. There was something i forgot to ask. When you refill the reservoir after installing the new pump. Is it recommended to get the bottled cooling fluid?

I read that water is used, but i am not sure if any additional compounds are added there.

CKC fluid, Tap water, bottled distilled?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey, we use destillied water but i would also recommend to use some anti corrosion fluid. So CKC plus anti corro fluid.