Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3070TI AMP Holo mit Backplate Graphic Card and Backplate bending

Predator2k4

Hi, I have a question, if someone else have the same issue.

I have Installed the Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Trinity OC (ZT-A30710J-10P) in vertical position.

After attatching the thermal strips like in the Manual described and installing the Backplate, my Graphic Card is bending and the Backplate too. It Seems that 2x Thermal Pad 10, is a little bit to thick.
Or is this much more of force needed?
On the original Backplate, which is also flat, the same thickness of the Thermal Pads is used.

The Backplate is bending about 1-2mm on the full lenght. Tha Graphic Card too.

A Update of the Manual or a additional Update sheet will be great (at last online), I Missed the exchange of the Screws for the (I don’t know the name) Installation cover/angle which holds the card in the case where are the Display Ports.
The screws are not on the Bill of Materials nor the process isn‘t described. I am a little bit afrait of disassembling everything (Backplate and Cooling Block) just for the change. I don‘t have any new Thermal Pads. Or is this no problem for the used Pads?

A nice upgrade to secure stability will be, a „Z“ shaped Angle, which can be screwed to the side of the cooling block and to the Installation Cover/Angle, which have 3 holes for this purpose allready and is done with the original cooler.
Alternative could be to enlarge the acrilic, drill 2 holes and apply 2 screws, 3 holes are in the Installation Cover/Angle aviable.

Thank you if some can answer to some of my questions or my ideas. If some more Information is needet, just contact me or post here.

Regards Wojtek „Predator2k4“

Attachments

• 0D42BCAD-026F-4ABC-9A43-4EE0EABDF363.png
    0D42BCAD-026F-4ABC-9A43-4EE0EABDF363.png
    633.3 KB · Views: 2
  • E969DC3D-F426-4384-AA62-FD7322F6C7C5.jpeg
    E969DC3D-F426-4384-AA62-FD7322F6C7C5.jpeg
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 2
  • C64C8482-7388-4FFD-9FF2-6B62FA4E183C.jpeg
    C64C8482-7388-4FFD-9FF2-6B62FA4E183C.jpeg
    668.9 KB · Views: 2

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

The Backplate shouldn´t be bend like this. Did you check if you have placed the thermalpads on the backside correctly? It can be that you have placed them on some components on the Backside where they shouldn´t be.

Predator2k4

I have measured the location and double ckecked it, if there is something disturbing.

The whole back is nearly the same hight no big components expect the GPU back side. But instead that everywhere is the 3mm Thermal pad installed, on pos 10 there are 2 like in the Manual. So on this place there are 6mm which i think is the issue because exactly there the Backplate is bending.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

it looks like an misinterpretation of the manual. The pad 10 is only placed once on two locations and not two pads on each location.