ALPHACOOL EISDECKE DDC PLEXI TOP V.4 threaded hole defect?

DigiVX

Hi I purchased a Eisdecke DDC plexi v.4 to replace the Eisbecher DDC 150 plexi resovoir with Alphacool DDC310 pump as new graphic card is is extremely long and wide and so was about 25mm to wide for its location to fit in my case as I already had acetal res. Bottom from my very first AC kit I started with decided to get the smaller v.4 pump top.

I've just gone to fit the new pump top to the DDC310 using the original screws and when tightening heard a cracking sound and saw one corner around the threaded pump hole had cracked and then saw that the screws had bottomed out, so I have measured the hole depths between my Eisbecher DDC150 and it's threaded holes are about 10mm deep and obviously had no issues with the pump securely tightened down, I checked all 3 Allen screws lengths from pump, 1st res. & New pump top and all are same length, then checking screw hole lengths the Eisdecke v.4 pump top is about 5-6 mm deep which explains why when it was tightened down it cracked on the new pump top as holes appear to be too short for the 25mm screws supplied with all 3 items, checking photo of this pump top with pump combo it does look like the threaded holes are deeper.

I have attached photos showing screw lengths together and also photos of both pump tops with screws in both and can clearly see the holes are different lengths and much shorter with the Eisdecke pump top.

Can you confirm if this is a manufacturing issue and how I go about an RMA as I did send message to Watercoolinguk.com who I purchased from but have not heard anything from them so trying here instead.

Attachments

• atZ_sB80.jpeg
    atZ_sB80.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1
  • RLFy3208.jpeg
    RLFy3208.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1
  • N6mk6QwE.jpeg
    N6mk6QwE.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
  • -B2lk5nA.jpeg
    -B2lk5nA.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1
  • cz2ePZss.jpeg
    cz2ePZss.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

I am sorry that you have such Problems with our product. The thread lenght should be 7mm and therefore the thread itself is okay for your product. Why it had been cracked I can´t say.

DigiVX

So decided to see what happens if I tighten the other 3 like how I did to 1st one which cracked after a creaking sound and the other 3 do tighten up and stop fine no creaking or cracking sounds. So think the corner which cracked must be some kind of defect with the acrylic although didn't see any defect until hearing the cracking sound .

Is this covered by warranty or something that's not covered?

Last edited:

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, please start an RMA by email via our support (info@alphacool.com). We can only give advice here in the forum. If the acrylic tears out because the screws are too long, this must definitely be handled via support. You can link to the article in the email.