Alphacool Eisfluegel Aurora Flow Indicator "HighFlow" with RPM-Signal making rattling noises.

sage3625

I have a new build with an Alphacool Eisfluegel Aurora Flow Indicator "HighFlow" with RPM-Signal. After initial cleaning and installation, it made a ticking noise for awhile. Then it stopped turning all together. I drained the loop, and disassembled the flow indicator to find rust on the magnets. I attempted to remove the rust by lightly rubbings with a fine grit emery cloth till the rust was removed. I reassembled the flow indicator and filled the loop back up with distilled water and a copper sulfate biocide. Now the noise from the flow indicator has upgraded from a slight ticking sound to a very bothersome rattling.
Are there any suggestions for solving this. My system is generally very quiet so this sound feels like it is amplified.

Any ideas would be very appreciated, and thank you for your help.20210206_074921[1].jpg

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I have never seen something like this before :oops::oops::oops:. This is really strange. I need you to write an email to info@alphacoool.com (dont forget to include the photo please) to replace the indicator asap.I cant tell you what the problem is. Probably a chemical reaction really. Thank you.

sage3625

I have sent the email, and a copy of the description I wrote here with the picture. Thank you for your help. I will update when I receive a response.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Thank you for the response. I need you to be patience as the company is shot down due the hard lock down and the snow storm. Strange times we are going trough :rolleyes:

sage3625

The component stopped again and I decided to remove the prop from the flow indicator so it did not cause any damage to the loop or prevent sufficient cooling to critical components. I still have not heard any response from the manufacturer on how to resolve the problem...

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Ok. Mostly we can answere in 1-2 workdays, sometimes 3, depends on how much mails we get.

sage3625

Sadly, I was told I was unable to receive any support for this unless I sent a video to customer support, and I am concerned about reinstalling the component because of the oxidation that is occurring. Is there a suggested coolant I should be using for this component, or is distilled water with a copper sulfate okay?