Alphacool Eisfluegel Aurora flow indicator

Lucid

Alphacool Eisfluegel Durchflussanzeiger Digital RGB | Monitoring / Controlling | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

Interested in this flow indicator for one of my builds. The motherboard has a temp input so instead of using Aqua Computer controllers/sensors like on my upcoming main build, I am going to save money on this one and only use the motherboard to control and monitor everything.

Going to be using the Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 240mm w/ TPV extension tubes for an i3 9100F (65W TDP) and GTX 1080 (180W TDP) (EVGA Hydro Copper). Not going to overclock so I think 240mm is fine.

This Alphacool Eisfluegel Aurora looks great since it seems it will report the flow rate to the motherboard.

Question: Will the flow rate be displayed as RPM on the fan header it is plugged in to, within the BIOS/UEFI?

The product page says:
Attention:
1. To connect the flow sensor to the mainboard a separate 3-pin female to 3-pin female connection cable is required.

Question: Which cable is compatible? Would someone be so kind as to show me an example? Is there a certain spec that is required?

2. The Eisfluegel Aurora flow indicator "HighFlow" only works with a flow rate of 70L/h!

Question: The Eisbaer Aurora (max flow 75L/h) uses the DC LT 2 right? Will this flow even be 70L/h in reality with these parts? Will this flow sensor even be effective for this use case?

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The "theoretical max flow rate" of the Eisbaer pump has 75L/h. In the loop its more or less around 35-40L/h, so the Eisfluegel will not work.

Lucid

The "theoretical max flow rate" of the Eisbaer pump has 75L/h. In the loop its more or less around 35-40L/h, so the Eisfluegel will not work.
Thanks for the help. Glad I waited to buy it. Good thing about the Eisbaer is the window so I can see the flow. Maybe i'll still get a flow meter for visual flow check or find if there are any that measure that low.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
To be honest, i know absolutly not one flow meter on the water cooling market wich shows such low flow rates accurately.

Lucid

To be honest, i know absolutly not one flow meter on the water cooling market wich shows such low flow rates accurately.
Looks like aqua computer mps 100 flow sensor does 20 - 100 L/hr, just not sure if i wanna spend $50 - 60 on it. I might consider it but first I'm researching if it can operate by itself on the USB header or if it needs one of their controllers.