Alphacool Eiswolf 2 pump speeds

Nick.of.408

Is reducing the speed on the pump when the GPU is cold better or worse (or same) for the Eiswolf 2? My Esiwolf 2 manuals and boxed cabling had me plugging the pump directly into a SATA power adapter, so I'm curious to know if it's actually better to just always run it at full speed. I plugged it into a fan controller and was taking it down to 1500 RPM when the water is cool, but the pump made some clicking noises yesterday that didn't go away until I heated the water again (by playing games). Thanks!

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Nick.of.408

You can leave the pump at full speed. You can regulate it, but you shouldn't go below the minimum voltage below 7 volts. A fan control controls the speed via the speed signal and switches the fan on and off so that the speed is reached or maintained. Unless it controls via direct current voltage, then it regulates the voltage. As far as I know. I don't know now which one you have. But if you can't hear the volume of the pump, you can run it at full speed.

I hope i can help. My English is not the Best. ?

Best Regards Marcel

Nick.of.408

That makes sense. I don't hear it at any speed, and it seems like it's designed to run at max, so I won't worry about it at max. My first though was it might last longer if I run it slower when it's not needed. The brand of my fan controller is a popular CPU AIO competitor to you that rhymes with impair ;) Do you know if 7 volts on the Eiswolf 2 for 2800 TI FE would put the pump at 1500RPM? I'm thinking that's too slow, and maybe more like 5 volts. Both of my fan controllers show RPMs instead of voltage (Gigabyte motherboard is my other one). I can set it to a percentage, but it doesn't say of what that percentage is. Assuming it's percentage of voltage, and going with %60 of 12v for 7.2 volts, the pump spins at just below 2000RPM. So, maybe I'll keep that as my minimum if I do regulate it unless you have any additional insights. I appreciate the help! For me, any English is much better than none.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hey

Unfortunately, I don't know how the speeds are at which voltages. I haven't measured that myself yet. I think if it is set via percentages, then your fan control is controlled via the speed signal. You can set it to 2000 rpm and watch it, 1500 rpm is too little, I think, maybe that was the switch-on voltage of the pump and thus always switched on and off. That could have been the clicking sound.

Best Regards