Another Eisbecher Acryl Tube split

mjh17474

After a quick google around, I see I'm not the only one who has suffered with this problem. I have dual loops with 2 x 250mm tubes, the first split in multiple places after about a year and a half at the bottom emptying most of the coolant in the case, the second has now developed a single split about 6 months on at the top. The replacement I purchased seems to be ok. Was there a problem with a certain batch or batches of these in the past I wonder? I'm now debating if I should order yet another replacement or find another more reliable brand. It's not as if I've tightened them down super hard, just "nipped up" enough to create a good seal.

crack.jpg

aclogic

Can i ask which type of coolant or additive did you use? The picture shows that some components of the coolant have crystallized out in the thread.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
After a quick google around, I see I'm not the only one who has suffered with this problem. I have dual loops with 2 x 250mm tubes, the first split in multiple places after about a year and a half at the bottom emptying most of the coolant in the case, the second has now developed a single split about 6 months on at the top. The replacement I purchased seems to be ok. Was there a problem with a certain batch or batches of these in the past I wonder? I'm now debating if I should order yet another replacement or find another more reliable brand. It's not as if I've tightened them down super hard, just "nipped up" enough to create a good seal.
Please email our support at (info@alphacool.com) and link to this post. There you will get fast & uncomplicated help.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @mjh17474

Have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes the answers end up there. Unfortunately, it can also currently be that the processing takes a little longer, but unfortunately I can't confirm that.

Best Regards

mjh17474

Hi @Luckystricker

I have checked my spam folder.

I have removed the res tube this evening and on closer inspection can see there are lots of splits starting on both ends again. You can see how both ends haven't been smoothed off properly in manufacture allowing the small pits to turn into cracks over time.

split1.jpgsplit2.jpgsplit3.jpgsplit5.jpg