ASUSFest Build

Cre8 Modding

Well, as soon as I finish the Intel Gamer Days build, I have another project to work on.

Meet the ASUSFest build!

ASUS has asked me to build the PC that they are giving away as part of the upcoming ASUSFest campaign, and well, it's going to be another awesome build!

To be in with a chance of winning this PC I suggest that you follow ASUS on social media, I wont post any links, I am sure that you can find them!

For now, here's a teaser!

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

These images will certainly give you an insight as to what is up for grabs, full custom system, avec hardline, yes it will be special and yes, you can win it!

Good luck to all, il post a couple more updates, but, this gives you an idea of what's on offer!

Cre8 Modding

Well, guys, it's time to bring an update to the ASUS Fest build!

I've made some real progress on this build over the past few days so let's go over the specs and the plan for this build;

The first post teased what this system will be about and some of the hardware to be used. The case is the Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG Edition, a case that, well, pretty much everyone at this point has built in!. Now I have finally got my hands on one for the ASUS Fest build, I have to say I am impressed and can see why so many people are choosing this for their builds. It offers plenty of room for custom layouts so after it arrived I spent some time planning what to do with it.

The thing with all the 011 builds is that to some extent, they all look the same, so I want to go in a slightly different direction. Rather than just slapping in 3 rads or a distro on the back wall, I want to use the top and bottom of the case for Alphacool ST30 White radiators. the rear panel where the distro normally sits will be getting a custom laser cut panel to act as a bulkhead.

This panel will have a mirror finish with a 250mm Alphacool reservoir mounted to the front and passthrough fittings for a rear-mounted Alphacool VPP775 Pump. The mirror finish will act to distribute light around the case, hopefully making it feel airy. ASUS Fest is Miami / summer themed so this will help with that feeling and I hope it will give some cool angled reflections of the reservoir too.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The heart of the build is based around the ASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming Wifi, paired with the current Intel flagship CPU, the Intel Core i9 11900K. This board not only fits the theme with its silver finish but provides a high-quality platform, comprehensive VRM and Chipset cooling, and great connectivity. Further, it provides Gen 4 PCIe storage for fast loading times, with another two M.2 slots at Gen 3 speeds serving for further expansion. Memory is provided by TeamGroup, 16GB of their Xtreeem at 3600MHz, and in white, of course
:)

For storage, we need to keep cable management to a minimum so there's no external-based storage, everything is motherboard-based NVME, using both a TeamGroup Cardea Zero Z440 1TB, and a TeamGroup Cardea Zero Z330 1TB NVME. Plenty of room then for a Steam library then under the metal motherboard heatsinks.

It's ok having a games library but in order to play your favorite latest and greatest titles you need a half-decent GPU, ASUS has got you covered here again with the ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti taking care of frame rates above and beyond what mere mortals will ever need. On air, it's an awesome-looking card, I've always loved the design of the Strix line up, the axial fans and 12GB of GDDR6X memory make this a great choice for any build. But, block and water-cool the card and well, there will be even more frames to be had while staying frosty for those longer gaming sessions.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Keeping both the CPU and GPU cool are Alphacool blocks, chrome fittings and to keep things airy, Lian Li AL120 White fans, 6 in total. Yes, everyone uses them, yes, they look pretty, but again this was function orientated rather than aesthetics, keeping wiring once again to a minimum. If you have seen my other builds then you know I'm an Alphacool fan, their components are well made and offer great cooling. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right? The Alphacool pump fits snugly to the rear of the case with the drain port using the 011 access panel for really easy maintenance. It's mounted by drilling 4 holes into the bottom of the case and simply bolts into position. The Lian Li fan hub also fits in the back quite well, mounting to the case too.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Finally, power will be delivered by an ASUS ROG Strix 850G White Edition, 80 Plus Gold rated and fully modular. The included white cables are being thrown out though, we are going with a custom set to match the Miami Sunset ASUS Fest vibe once again. It's a gorgeous unit, and a shame to hide it away around the back of the case, 10-year warranty too, so ASUS are really confident in their PSUs!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

So the build is now at a point where I am ready to install the mirrored panel, hard-line fittings and get it all piped up. Il be dropping the next update really soon so that you can see it all coming together!

Cre8 Modding

Tube Time and an update to the ASUSFest build!

The 011 XL ROG Edition, for a first time building in one, has been a great experience, no wonder there are so many of these around. It's time to get all the pipework, the back panel, the cables, and other little details installed into this give-away PC.

At the time of writing the winner of this rig has already been picked. Over 103,000 entered the giveaway so one lucky sod somewhere is hopefully reading this to see how their new PC is coming along! Granted, I'm ahead of what I am actually showing here, and the build is in fact complete, I will be heading down to ASUS tomorrow for delivery to them on Monday morning. It should be a fun meet, with a third party joining us to record the event!

So, the build then. Well, as I say it's been quite an enjoyable experience so far, and it's coming together nicely. The first job was to take delivery of the custom laser cut back panel, get it installed, and pray that my design file fits, and well...it did! This is a 5mm thick mirror finish panel, the protective wrapping is staying on for now until we are ready to film the build. Had this been off, even by a single mm would have meant a redesign and another week or so having a replacement made. Damn, I wish I had a laser to hand
:(

[IMG]

[IMG]

With the panel installed it was time to bend all the runs and fit the Alphacool reservoir, again, everything just went in, almost perfectly. I did redo a couple of the bends on the parallel loop to the CPU, for whatever reason, given the angle they just looked off at first, a quick adjustment and they are now perfect.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The reflection the panel gives, combined with the chrome fittings and the new custom cables will really help bounce some light around and give some depth to the project. The custom cables are one of my favorite aspects of this, styled to match the ASUSFest Miami Sunset color scheme. Given the time constraints I have been under recently, I outsourced these to TTW Mods, Michael Sheppard. His work is amazing and I have used his service before. To be honest, given how long it takes me to make cables, I'm more than happy to continue sending work to Michael, he can produce these quicker than I ever could, the finish is better than what I can produce, and why not support a fellow modder eh?

[IMG]

With the GPU block also now fitted to the 3080ti, and the card installed, I did hit a snag, some CNC markings to the block had to be cleaned up, with that polished out it was time to drill the case for fitting the pump to the rear of the case. It's a snug fit, pre-planned of course, with the VPP655 conveniently placed with a drain to the rear. The 011 allows for multiple PSU placements and so this has gone into the top slot of the case. The cables need some tidying up once we move along a little more.

[IMG]

With everything now installed, it's time for that big moment, pressure testing. Praying that we didn't dump all our air in one go. Give it an hour and it holds, so time for coolant then!

[IMG]

I will leave some progress shots too, next time, we have glass etching, coolant and RGB to come!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]