Bought Gamerock OC water block but Instruction and Installation manual inside sealed package is for an Amd 7900XTX... wth...

oni_666uk

As title, Bought a sealed box from watercooling UK, block was sealed inside but the manual inside the sealed black envelope was for a Amd 7900XTX yet the block looks like the one for the Gamerock OC. Is this a genuine mistake by Alphacool and they've put installation manual for the 7900XTX inside with the proper block ?
I've already downloaded the correct pdf manual for the gamerock oc block for my Palit Gamerock OC Omni Black and all the parts and block included match what's in the pdf manual but not everyone will have the forethought to do do.

oni_666uk

nm, got there in the end, water cooling UK are looking into the incorrect manual being placed into the block package and I downloaded the correct PDF manual and installed the block to the 4080 earlier this evening, it's going in my build soon so hopefully all with work fine.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

yes, we had a small batch of this water block, where the wrong manual has been included. This has been fixed in our stock, but it can be that some reseller still has the wrong manual included in their stock. The correct manual can be downloaded on our website. If you are missing any mounting material like thermal pads, you can directly contact info@alphacool.com and my colleagues will send you the missing parts for free.

oni_666uk

Hi,

yes, we had a small batch of this water block, where the wrong manual has been included. This has been fixed in our stock, but it can be that some reseller still has the wrong manual included in their stock. The correct manual can be downloaded on our website. If you are missing any mounting material like thermal pads, you can directly contact info@alphacool.com and my colleagues will send you the missing parts for free.
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the correct manual, and all thermal pads and accessories were correctly there, just the manual that was the incorrect one.
As it is, I didn't use the included thermal pads as I opted to install high performance ones, having correctly identified their corresponding thickness previously in the correct manual I downloaded previously from the Alphacool site.