Clean Eisblock XPX

masaqre

Hello,

I need to clean the Eisblock XPX because after some loop tests it seems to have some dirt inside.
I saw this dissasembly picture, there is only 4 screws right?
What parts I have to clean? The jetplate and copperplate? With water or distilled water? Alcohol?

Attachments

• jetplayte.JPG
    jetplayte.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 2

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yes, there are only 4 screws. Mainly the jetplate and the cooler bottom. For the rest, it should actually be enough if you simply flush it when assembled. Unless you have used pastel colours, then there is usually not much you can do.

masaqre

Yes, there are only 4 screws. Mainly the jetplate and the cooler bottom. For the rest, it should actually be enough if you simply flush it when assembled. Unless you have used pastel colours, then there is usually not much you can do.
I used "EK Cryofuel Navy Blue Premix" and I think that this was the problem

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Its a clear colored liquid, so not really bad. But any coloured liquid can clog the fine radiator fins over time. Every coloured fluid contains colour particles, which are very small, but if they start to settle somewhere, they will inevitably clog the radiator fins at some point. However, it is always the case that coloured liquid will colour all parts of a water cooling system over time. This can often never be completely removed.