Compatibility of XPX Pro aurora Light

irmonteiro

Sorry for the bad english guys, im looking for a new CPU block and i found the Alphacool Eisblock XPX Pro Aurora Light - Acryl version.
Reading the compatibility list it says it has no support to am4 but there is one am4 mouting kit for it.
My question is, the only difference is the screw (since the xpx pro plate has the same am4 spacers 54x90mm)? I have one am4 backplate with M3.5 holes like the screws of TR4. So can i use my am4 backplate with the original xpx pro aurora plate or even so i have to purchase the am4 mounting kit?

irmonteiro

Forgot to say that part of my interest on this version its the mounting system (like a nut forcing the screw, better to mount and put pressure, at least for me) and this why i want to use the tr4 original mounting system.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, the cooler fits the AM4 socket. It may be that the compatibility list has not yet been updated. However, the item description and the data sheet in the shop clearly show compatibility. Where did you get your information? Does that answer your question?

irmonteiro

I saw it in other post here on the forum and at the shop have an am4 mouting that is different for this kit.
The manual pdf it not show the am4 compatibility too, it says "TR4, SP3, sTRX4"only.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
The AM4 compatibility has been added to the item description & data sheet. The manual has not yet been adapted in this aspect. As already mentioned, our cooler also fits the AM4 socket.