Compatibility Question - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 TI

SurfFaster

Is the GPU cooler

Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 TUF mit Backplate​

compatible with the non OC version of the ASUS card 90YV0GU0-M0NM00 (TUF-RTX3080TI-12G-GAMING)?

For the 3080 and 3090 both variants OC and non-OC are listed. For the 3080 TI only the OC variant 90YV0GU1-M0NM00 (TUF-RTX3080TI-O12G-GAMING) is listed.

So my guess is that it would be supported but want to confirm before ordering.

Thanks
Achim

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, unfortunately I cannot confirm this yet, as we have not yet received the layout of the card. Can you provide photos of the front and back here? Then we could check a possible compatibility.

SurfFaster

Hi, unfortunately I cannot confirm this yet, as we have not yet received the layout of the card. Can you provide photos of the front and back here? Then we could check a possible compatibility.
I don't have the card yet and am not to eager to remove the stock cooling just to take pictures of the design.

Meanwhile I saw for a different brand that the same GPU block is used for both TUF Gaming 3080 Ti variants (plus the 3090 and standard 3080 non-OC and OC variants). So all 6 cards seem to have the same car layout.

This plus the fact that the very same Alphacool block is compatible with the TUF Gaming 3080 and 3090 OC and non-OC variants plus the OC variant of the 3080 TI indicates that there is a very high probability also the non OC 3080 TI is compatible.

But of course I understand that you cannot make a firm statement without having checked the layout.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
After all, as a manufacturer, we can't tell customers guesswork. Since we don't have the PCB layout and haven't seen or checked it yet, we can't officially confirm it. It may be that the cooler fits, but we cannot guarantee it at the moment.
If we as a manufacturer confirm something that we have not tested, and then again expect it does not fit, the customer is angry with us. And justifiably so.

SurfFaster

After all, as a manufacturer, we can't tell customers guesswork. Since we don't have the PCB layout and haven't seen or checked it yet, we can't officially confirm it. It may be that the cooler fits, but we cannot guarantee it at the moment.
If we as a manufacturer confirm something that we have not tested, and then again expect it does not fit, the customer is angry with us. And justifiably so.
Yes, I fully understand.