Compatible sensor for Eisbaer ?

adrian

Hello

I have Eisbaer Pro Aurora 420. Is there a compatible temperature sensor (and temprature + flow rate) that I could buy for it ?

It looks to me the tube could be disconnected from the pump (to allow sensor installation), or maybe there is a sensor that can connect using the quick release system ?

Thank you,
Adrian Constantin

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
You could use sthg like that:

-> I'm afraid I have to correct myself here! The flow rate of the Eisbaer is unfortunately too low for the Eisflügel. Unfortunately, you cannot use it here.

You can connect all the sensors to the Eisbaer's hoses using the appropriate fittings. To do this, however, you would have to open the hoses. There is no way around it. A direct connection via the quick-release fasteners is not possible.

We have a combined sensor. But you can't use it, because it only starts up at a flow rate of 75 L/h. Unfortunately, the DC-LT 2 of your AiO cannot do that.

Last edited:

adrian

Hello,

The Square Acetal looks right for me, but I am still confused on the "appropriate fittings" to combine it with the Eisbaer Pro Aurora 420. The accessories listed on the sensor page use "High Flow" fittings. So is the thread bellow going to fit my sensor and with the Eisbaer ?

Looks to me I only need one of each above pieces, is this correct ? Is the coolant I found right for the Eisbaer ?

Also do you know what temperature does the coolant support, if I don't heat the computer room and it gets freezing in the winter ? The Techincal Details on the product page do not include this information.

I understand that only clear (transparent) coolant is recommended for the Eisbaer, right ?

Thank you,
Adrian Constantin

Thomas_S

Staff member

-> Open the tube, place the suggested fitting on each side & place the Square Acetal Sensor in between. This is the easiest solution & you can place the sensor flexibly.

I understand that only clear (transparent) coolant is recommended for the Eisbaer, right ?
-> Right. I would rather use Tec Protect 2 or Apex Liquid Eco clear instead of Eiswasser!

adrian

To open the tube, do you mean I should cut it ?

Is the a way to fit the sensor in between the pump and the existing tube ? Or between the tube and radiator ? I assume there is a thread in the pump (and in the radiator), so maybe I could use it ?

Thank you,
Adrian Constantin

Thomas_S

Staff member
You can do it this way
1671458110837.png
To open the tube, do you mean I should cut it ?
-> Yes, you have to. This way you can integrate the sensor at any point along the tube.

Is the a way to fit the sensor in between the pump and the existing tube ? Or between the tube and radiator ?
-> Directly on the Eisbaer it will work with the help of a double nipple. However, you will then block the fill port. It should work without restrictions on the radiator.

adrian

For the double nipple do you mean this one:
?

I only wish I knew all this before mounting the radiator. Thermal paste is a necessary evil !

Thank you,
Adrisn Constantin

Last edited: