Core master 4090 GPU block Hot spot temps

Siochain

Hi,

Just got a reply stating that the below temps are in spec with a Delta of 20-30°C . The hot spot was intitally reaching 110c, got it down slightly lower, but still hitting the thermal limit of 88. If I was to increase mounting pressure around the core any more, I may damage the Die. My water temp when I benched this was at 24c, is an actual delta of 64.7.

Is support actually reading the emails?. I've been advised to increase my Rad area, flow rate or fan speed. I have 2 60mm 420mm rads and one 480mm XT45. with a flow rate of 170l/h. Fans wise there are six artic P14 pwm at 900 rpm, and 4 Phanteks T30 at 1200 rpm. As much heat as the 4090 dumps, I have more than enough capacity to cover this and a 7800X3D (sips power)

Is that a real reply I got, so I do I have to wait another week for another nonsense reply. Love Alphacool products, but I'm finding your support seriously lacking to be honest.

Attachments

• core load.png
    core load.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 4
  • HFN.jpg
    HFN.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 3

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

as we have already told you a Delta of 20-30°V between GPU temperature and GPU Hotspot temperature is normal.

Siochain

Hi,

The core was not being cooled properly, likely die height related, andd the supplied thermal pads. With the water temps and rad area, it will be lower. So you're telling me, your block is designed to throttle. Interesting!!.

I've since sourced some .75mm mm thermal pads, and applied them around the core. Temps on the core and hotspot are now significantly lower. but memory temps are higher. I'll post an updated screenshot