CPU GPU custom soft loop (beginner)

Marwat

Hello,

I've been lurking on forums and such for quite a while, trying to figure what would be the best components to build a custom loop inside my case. Here are the products I've bookmarked so far:

• Alphacool Eisblock XPX CPU - 12847
  • Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 with Backplate (Reference) - 11930
  • 2x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 360mm radiator V.2 - 14345
  • Thermal paste - 12996
  • EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5
  • Case: Lian Li O11
  • Accessories: temperature sensor (17363) + leak testing tool (17482)
I'm aware these are the basics I'd need, but there are several questions in my head :

Would a dual AIO be as efficient as a custom loop (as it would be indeed way cheaper) ?

What soft tubes would be advised in this build (I'd like to buy as much as possible from the same company) ?

I'm hesitating between the 30 and 45mm radiators, help me decide ;-) ?

Where/how am I supposed to connect the temperature sensor on my motherboard (MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi) ?

Now these are my currents thoughts but I'm open to all suggestions as I've never done watercooling at all.

Thanks in advance,

Marwat

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Dual AIO
Performance will be a bit less than with that custom loop because you will have less flow. It will be not a big difference.

Soft tubes
Depends on you. I personaly prevere TPV 12,7/7,6mm tubes with the Nylon TPV fittings because we are using them in server and workstations and they are very good. But if you like clear tubes.... its up to you. Typical sizes for clear tubes are 13/10 or 16/10mm.

30 or 45mm radiators
If your target is to let the fans run with as less rpm as you can, 30mm is better for single mounted fans, 45mm is better with push&pull. If you dont care if your fans are running with 1200 or more rpm, the 45mm radiators are always better.

Tem sensors
Your mainboard does not have a connection for temperature sensors. Therefore, you must look for a separate controller that offers the corresponding connections. There are several on the market. Just have a look around. We do not offer such separate controllers.

Marwat

Hello,

Thank you Eddy for your answers.

As I've never done watercooling at all, I'm a bit frisky about it. I've read on this forum that AIOs are coming for 3080/3090 with reference design (which is compatible with my current GPU). Is there a way of being notified of the release of this product ? As per your answer to my first question, I might as well get an AIO for my GPU rather than building a whole custom water loop.

Have a good day,

Marwat

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
ETA for the Eiswolf 2 is end of this month. Maybe a week later. You can get an info over our Nesletter if you like. We only sent some if we have new products.