Different pumps in the same loop

KopengaKris

Hi! I'm about to buy a D5 pump (VPP655) and a CPU waterblock, but I already have an DC-LT pump in my Eiswolf and I'm not planning to replace that. Will the DC-LT hinder the flow (pressure) from the D5? The 2 pumps will be right after each other, so this is the loop order. Res - D5 - DC-LT (Eiswolf) - Rad - CPU block - Rad - Res

Last edited:

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @KopengaKris

This is not a problem.
It is best to leave the DC-LT connected to the power supply so that it continues to pump, otherwise it would bring a certain low back pressure to the VPP655.

Best Regards

Cayan

Hi! I'm about to buy a D5 pump (VPP655) and a CPU waterblock, but I already have an DC-LT pump in my Eiswolf and I'm not planning to replace that. Will the DC-LT hinder the flow (pressure) from the D5? The 2 pumps will be right after each other, so this is the loop order. Res - D5 - DC-LT (Eiswolf) - Rad - CPU block - Rad - Res
I have a 1500l/h D5 pump with an Eisbaer and Eiswolf ... I tested the loop with the AIO pumps on and off and there is no difference in temps, the D5 pump overcome the other 2... But I still keep all 3 on, just n case... No problem whatsoever