Eisbaer Extreme 280 + XPX Pro 1u

k0eni

Hello,

Is it possible to 'upgrade' the Eisberg Extreme 280 with the XPX Pro 1u?

If yes, what parts do I need besides the Eisblock XPX Pro and the AM4 mounting kit? Can I simply disconnect the hoses from the Eisblock XPX and connect them to the XPX Pro?

Rgds,
Koen

Last edited:

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @k0eni

Normally you don't need anything for this, except for the parts that you want to convert.
But it doesn't hurt to order 1 liter of water with it.
Wasserkühlung Kühlflüssigkeit Kelvin Catcher Clear | Eiswasser | Kühlflüssigkeiten | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company
Or
Wasserkühlung Kühlflüssigkeit Kelvin Catcher Clear | Kühlflüssigkeiten | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

But since the connections are mounted a little more firmly and may therefore be more difficult to disassemble.

You could also order an extension set with it. The length of the two tubes is approximately 35 cm / 14 inches each.
Alphacool Eisbaer GPX Extension Set (Schlauch und Anschlüsse) | Schläuche | Schläuche | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company
Or
Alphacool Eisbaer GPX Extension Set 90° (Schlauch und Anschlüsse) | Schläuche | Schläuche | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

Then you just have to mount the extension set on the new CPU cooler. Then open the two quick-release couplings on the Eisbaer Extreme and then reconnect with the new ones. Then you just have to refill the Eisbaer Extreme and you're done.
And if you want to use the old one again, all you have to do is swap this one again.

Or you can if you have separated the CPU cooler from the Eisbaer Extreme with the quick-release couplings.
Unscrew the hoses from the cooler, as I said, this can be a bit difficult and then you have to be careful because the water runs out of the cooler and the hoses. It can also be the case that the union nuts loosen first, then you have to turn the fitting directly, not the hose, otherwise it could be damaged by the pull-off protection.

Best Regards