Eisbaer LT problem

MCFred

Hello,
I am using the eibear LT AIO for 3 years now (so no warranty anymore), and recently it stopped working. I refilled it with car cooling liquid and it worked again for... 1 day. And now I am trying everything to make it work again. I checked all the cables and they are not obstructed, the pump is turning (maybe not fast enough ?), the radiator isn't obstructed either but the liquid inside makes noise when i rotate it (maybe it's not normal ?).
I also tried to pump water inside a basin but it didnt work, while the pump was turning, so maybe my pump doesn't turn fast enough?
What do you think might be my problem ?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Basically, I would advise against using cooling liquids that are not explicitly manufactured for PC water cooling. You don't know the composition and it can happen that copper and nickel are attacked due to the ingredients, which can lead to clogging of your system. The noises in the radiator can be a clue. Try rinsing your radiator with distilled water. Cleaning the radiator could also help.

MCFred

Thanks for your answer,
The radiator isn't clogged, when I fill it on one side it overflows on the other, so it seems to be good on that point, but the sound it makes when I rotate it is like there is air inside no matter how I try to fill it, it's really weird. And of course I also checked the pipes aren't clogged and same for inside the CPU block. I'm running out of ideas.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Maintaining an AIO is also a bit tricky. Another idea would be to add an expansion tank to your system. Then filling and bleeding would be much easier.