Eisbaer LT360 - refill or change the coolant?

fabbius

Hello everybody, I'm quite new to liquid cooling, so sorry if my question sounds trivial.
I have an Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 installed since 2019. It is still running with the liquid coolant it was factory filled and I noticed no change in thermal or acoustic performance.
Would it be advisable to refill or change the coolant anyway?
In the former case, which coolant should I use for compatibility? In the former case, which coolant would it be better to substitute the factory coolant?
Thanks, everybody!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can use any of your clear liquids. Sometimes it helps if you just shake the AIO. Often only a small air bubble has gotten into the pump, which can lead to considerable noise. The radiator should also be mounted higher than the cooler/pump unit.

fabbius

You can use any of your clear liquids. Sometimes it helps if you just shake the AIO. Often only a small air bubble has gotten into the pump, which can lead to considerable noise. The radiator should also be mounted higher than the cooler/pump unit.
Thank you for your kind answer.
Do you think it would be better to change all the coolant liquid or to just perform a refill?
Which alphacool coolant product would you suggest?
Thanks again!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Is the liquid still clear? If so, then it is sufficient that you fill it up. You can use Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear or Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear 1000ml for this. If the fluid already contains considerable residues, dirt or similar, then it is advisable to replace the cooling fluid. After draining, you should rinse the system properly with e.g. distilled water & can then use our already mentioned liquids for refilling.

fabbius

Is the liquid still clear? If so, then it is sufficient that you fill it up. You can use Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear or Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear 1000ml for this. If the fluid already contains considerable residues, dirt or similar, then it is advisable to replace the cooling fluid. After draining, you should rinse the system properly with e.g. distilled water & can then use our already mentioned liquids for refilling.
Thank you so much for your answer, it is really well explained. I'll check the loquid beforehand.

Last edited: