Eisbaer Pro Aurora AIO maintenance?

Kyuss

Hi,
I installed the Eisbaer Pro Aurora a few days ago (I'm planning to add an Eiswolf gpu AIO too) and I was wondering about this (these) AIO maintenance. The Eisbaer comes prefilled with Alphacool Tec Protect 2, so I need to know how much do you change the liquid (if you do) and if is interesting or mandatory to add some kind of biocide or whatever (AFAIK the Tec Protect 2 comes with some biocide in it).
How frequently are you doing an AIO maintenance and what steps are involved in this process?
Thank you :)

dcox12

I did it a few weeks ago with my Eisbaer Pro Aurora. It became necessary after two years because water had diffused over time (the small air bubble had become larger and I could see small deposits on the window).
So I think after 1 or 1.5 years is a good time to flush the AIO with destilled water and to refill it (i.e. as you said with Tec Protect 2).

What you need is a bowl to catch the old water without making a mess. Just dismount one of the tubes (i.e. from the radiator) and let the water trickle out. You can speed up that process when you also open the fill-port so that air can get in. Shake it (baby :D) until you got all of the water out.

Flushing and refilling the Eisbaer is a little more complicated but basically the same process. Flushing can be done with destilled water + AC's Core Loop Liquid. After flushing I suggest that you unscrew the bottom plate from the cooler and clean the fins if necessary (a toothbrush can do that).

To flush/refill, you reconnect the tube and fill water/liquid in the fill-port. Move the AIO several times so that the water flows to the radiator and the hoses. You'll need to fill it up several times to get the air out. When flushing with Core Loop, let the pump work for a little time after you filled the system - I had it running for about 1 hour. A 24-pin jumper adapter is very helpful to let the pump do its work without powering up the CPU.
After flushing with Core Loop, I flushed the system again with destilled water and then refilled it with Tec Protect 2.

You cannot do much wrong. Just don't forget any gaskets and don't let the pump run dry.

I suggest you order the following products:

Kyuss

Wow thank very much for the detailed response, it's incredibly helpful thx. Although 1-1.5 years seems like a short time to me, I thought an aio was going to have a little less maintenance, but ok, I'll do it that way (I'm getting lazy as I get older).
Thank you again man!