Eisblock xpx clear leaking after ~1 year.

UnclePhil

Hi there!

Yesterday I had a real worst-case-scenario and my cpu block (order no. 30143345) started leaking. I bought it back in Nov 2021 and had it running without any problems for over a year - then it started leaking out of nowhere. Thankfully I realized it just a few seconds later, plucked the power cable and hopefully dodged serious damage on my components. I can rule out installation mistakes from my side as it's not my first build and I thorougly tested it after building & had it running for a long time before this happened. Also the position of the leaks doesn't overlap with anything that I could have done.

Here are two videos that show the issue:

I'm out of ideas as to why this happened. I already tried tightening the screws of the bottom plate but it's still leaking like crazy. (You can see it leaking from the screws in video 2 where I tested blowing into the opening while covering the exit - tightening the screws seemed to help but as soon as the pump runs it leaks again)

What could have caused the issue? Could this happen again in the future after replacement?

I'm worried and hope nothing expensive died because of this.
Thanks in advance.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I honestly don't know when I last saw a leaking radiator from us. As a rule, this only happens when the customer has previously disassembled the cooler, because then you can make a lot of mistakes when reassembling it. But a radiator that leaks on its own is as likely as winning the lottery.

UnclePhil

I honestly don't know when I last saw a leaking radiator from us. As a rule, this only happens when the customer has previously disassembled the cooler, because then you can make a lot of mistakes when reassembling it. But a radiator that leaks on its own is as likely as winning the lottery.
I'm shocked as well. So you're saying it's highly unlikely it would happen again? I might give it another shot...will I get a replacement or at least a discount for another eisblock from you guys?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I don't expect anything like this to happen again. The XPX Clear is a cooler that we have been selling for several years without any problems. Of course, there have been RMA cases. But I haven't seen one leaking like yours for a very, very long time. Until recently, I had been using the cooler myself for a few years, as did some of my colleagues here. We wouldn't install something like that ourselves if we were seriously worried.
How old is the cooler? And where are you from?

UnclePhil

I don't expect anything like this to happen again. The XPX Clear is a cooler that we have been selling for several years without any problems. Of course, there have been RMA cases. But I haven't seen one leaking like yours for a very, very long time. Until recently, I had been using the cooler myself for a few years, as did some of my colleagues here. We wouldn't install something like that ourselves if we were seriously worried.
How old is the cooler? And where are you from?
Okay. Guess with my luck I should consider buying a lottery ticket then 😅

I bought the cooler in November 2021 - I'm from Berlin, Germany. The order number for it was 30143345.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Now that you've already won once, unfortunately in a negative sense, I wouldn't buy a lottery ticket. I think your "luck" is over. :ROFLMAO:
Sent an Email to: info@alphacool.com
With your invoice or order number and with a link to this thread. They will sent you an replacement.