Eiswolf 2 3090 AIO crud in water block

insanity213

Hi there, I've got a 3090 AIO that's been in service for about 2 years. I pulled the card today to repaste the GPU and noticed this brown crud growing inside the waterblock. My concern is that this stuff will kill the pump over time. The system has not been opened or anything since original install. Do I need to flush and fill this like I would an old car or something? Can I use some kind of glycol based coolant to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Attachments

• PXL_20240612_023038687 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20240612_023038687 - Copy.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 8

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

such deposits will grow with time and influence the cooling capacity and will also damage the pump after time. I would highly recommend to clean the system to remove the deposits.

insanity213

What should I clean it with? Is 99% isopropyl alchohol safe? Can I flush the system with diluted alcohol? Some detail on chemicals that are or aren't safe would be helpful.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

please use only distilled water or a cleaning solutions like our Core Loop cleaning kit. DOn´t use Isopropyl alkohol to clean acryl components, since it will damge them or any other chemical solutions like vinegar, Cillit Bang and so on.