Eiswolf 2 3090 crashing

JesseRochford

Hi there,

I have had very unstable gaming and use since installing the Eiswolf 2 AIO for my ichill x4 3090. I get graphical glitches then lose output and the PC resets intermittently throughout the day. Sometimes on reboot i get a VGA LED on the Motherboard. After a minute everything is okay again. Best i can guess is that this is an overheating issue as it happens under heavy load. I have changed ALL hardware except the video card, and it was working fine before i swapped to the AIO. Looking for help or suggestions. Highest temps I get for VRAM are 95.6 under long full load and the core its 68.

TT 1200 platinum PSU
B550 gaming
Corsair 3600 ddr4
ichill x4 3090 - with eiswolf 2
5600x

please help.

Jesse Rochford

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi. It could be that the thermal pads do not have sufficient contact with the components, V-Rams etc. This can lead to the high temperatures. Can you send us pictures of your PCB with pads (front and rear) so we can check the marks on the pads? It is possible that your board is affected by Nvidia's package problems (see video attached). We would be able to determine this with the pictures!

JesseRochford

Hard to see in the pic but you are right. There is almost no contact on the upper (right side in the pic) Vram. Guess I need a slightly thicker thermal pad... damn. I don't want to take the front off as I am currently isolating and have no thermal paste here to replace. Definitely minimal contact on that vram on the back though20211230_195955.jpg

Last edited:

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Ok, I think that the package topic is the cause of the problem here as well and that our pads cannot establish sufficient contact with the V-Rams. Please write an email to our support (info@alphacool.com) & link to this post. The support will also check again and will then send you the appropriate pads (if necessary). Please be patient regarding the processing of your email, as many requests arrive between Christmas and New Year, but our team is mostly on holiday ;-)