Eiswolf 2 360 ref cloudy coolant and buildup

Theo164

Hello, I've bought Eiwolf 2 AIO in October 2021 for my 3080ti, AIO coolant looks cloudy and greenish like algae or something is growing in it.
Any help please, What should I do?

gz3q2iD.jpg

bGx3WCr.jpg

usmC3Jt.jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
These are not algae. I can only guess at this point what it is. Probably the additives of the liquid are deposited, for whatever reason. Please write a mail to our support: info@alphacool.com

Theo164

How can i remove the terminal / pump to get access to all screws on the acryl?
I empty the old coolant flush and refill it 3 times 12 hours in total run time with medical grade distilled and sterilized water (WFI) but didn't help much if not at all
Deposits left on the nickel plated cooper and acryl

uOxg1ZT.png

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It is not intended that customers do such things themselves. If you disassemble the Eiswolf yourself, you will lose the warranty. Please contact support directly and discuss the next steps with them.

Theo164

I did contact support and they answered that i can clean the system by myself and refill it or i can send it back so that you can check it.
I asked again how can i remove the non-accessible screws to clean the w/block, they answered that i have to remove the terminal to get access to all screws on the acryl.

Anyway, i did manage to clean it without take apart the AIO and without use chemicals or any other kind of liquids, just distilled water!
Sometimes the easy way is the most effective!

JH3NyuE.jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Removing the terminal cannot be recommended. There are many small O-rings, so it is very easy to do something wrong. Therefore, good that it has also worked so. We originally wanted to offer the terminal separately, but internal tests with colleagues quickly showed that something was done wrong and the whole thing leaked. We can't expect customers to accept that. That's why the support team demanded that we send it in.

Theo164

One more question!
When i set ASUS bios at full fan speed, pump reports back 3100rpm, is this ok? False reading?
Pump spec is 2600 rpm (+/- 10%)
dHx9AEq.png

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
3000rpm is correct, the newer pumps run a little faster than the old ones. We have not yet changed this in the data because we have a flying change, so only a few models have the new pumps.