Eiswolf 2 AIO - pump connection

sman01

Hello again,
I have this product: Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3090/3080 with Backplate (Reference), 11931
and I did not understand from the installation manual (not writed), where to connect the pump (3W) connector: On the motherboard or video card connector fan ?
I noticed that in a video review of this product, the pump connector was inserted into a fan connector on the mother board. But still unclear for me.
In my case i have a MSI Torpedo 7D32-001R and a Palit 3080 (not TI). Please help with this detail.
thank you

Last edited:

sman01

here are pics with the manual and guide, but no details:
manual.jpg

guide.jpg

and from youtube, where are connected to MB fan input. Q: How the mainboard fan "read" the GPU temp to be adjusted as needed?
from review.png

but there are no precise instructions.

My question is: the power of the pump (3W) is supported by the fan controller on the video card?
For example, if the pump consumes 0.5 A and the video card air fans consumes 0.3 A , then the video card can be destroyed.

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Pump needs 0,34A. (4W @ 12V). But you can connect the pump on any fan header on your mainboard. I definitely don't recommend regulating it via the graphics card, because it goes down so far that the pump will stop. Especially since it is not allowed to regulate it.

sman01

Thanks for the info!

in this case it means that I have to manually set the fan speed in the BIOS and find an acceptable value for full load and fan noise. Any tips?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The pump should always run at Max and not be regulated. Therefore, the basic recommendation is to connect the pump to a fan header and then set the fan control to max in the bios.
The fans are mostly controlled by CPU temperature, not by GPU. Simply because the mainboard cannot regulate according to GPU temperature. But often the fans are also fixed. You put the GPU under full load, set the fans to an acceptable value and leave it like that. But you can basically also control the CPU temperature, since there are hardly any applications that only fully load the GPU without also loading the CPU. Therefore, you can definitely do it that way.

idan13

Hi,
You said "the basic recommendation is to connect the pump to a fan header", I don't understand, the pump has it's 3 pin connector, that can fit on only in one place of my motherboard (x570 dark hero) a the bottom right.

Is there no way to adjust fan speed with GPU load ? Max speed is safe but noisy..
I disagree that it's safe to put fan on cpu, because some game are more GPU than CPU bound, so in that case the GPU will get hot, and the fan speed wont increase because the cpu is still "cold"....

Anyway assassin creed is making my pc to crash ... something must be wrong with my GPU, fans are at minimum speed no matter what...

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

we recommend to run the pump always with 12V. It is possible to run the pump with 7V but this isn´t recommended. It is also not really recommend to run the pump depending on your GPU temperature. If you want to control something depending on your GPU temperature it would be better to control the fans.