Eiswolf 2 for 4090 AMP issues

Wanyart

Hi there,

I recently bought the Eiswolf AIO kit for my 4090 AMP and i'm having some problems since i installed it.
On idle and general tasks, everything seems fine, but as soon as i start a game temps run hotter than with the original radiator (60/65° max before and at least 67/70 now). Also, the GPU struggle to reach expected frequency (at least 2725 mhz before, now it turn down around 1500) and the card never go above 200W, when she reach easily around 400W before.
After approx. 1 minute in game, the screen just turn black and i have to reboot the whole thing.

I was thinking i installed the kit the right but, obviously, it seems i don't.
I have no clue where to start investigation to isolate the issue, maybe i can have help here.

Thanks for the reading anyway, my best regards to all.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

This sounds like the known problem with the GPU DIE tolerances outside of Nvidia speccs. Please send us some photos of the imprints from the thermal pads and thermal paste, so that we can check it.

Wanyart

Hi, thx for your answer,

I bought some 0.5mm and 1mm extra soft thermal pads because, after reading extensively on the subject, I came to the same conclusion as the one you mentioned. In any case, I will take photos during the next assembly and let you know the results of the operation to confirm or not confirm the tolerance issue.

Wanyart

Hello,

I have indeed received the thermal pads I mentioned in my previous message. They were much softer than the ones provided with the AIO, and as if by magic, temperatures are now falling to expected levels, along with frequencies.

I am surprised, considering that the issue of height variation is well-known, reported on several occasions on this forum and elsewhere, and evidently addressed by alphacool support, that the Eiswolf kit does not include both variations of pads, soft and hard, along with a mention in the manual.

I understand that this is a niche product and that buyers will eventually seek information to resolve the issue. Nevertheless, I find it somewhat audacious to let customers take the risk of damaging their graphics card to save a few euros.

The product is good, but the quality of service and support unfortunately does not match the same standards.

Best regards.