Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro Vega running hot and throttling.

Ambuche

I pulled both the video card and the radiator out of my case to upgrade my motherboard and CPU. Before the upgrade, this GPU ran in the 50s under load. After replacing it and the radiator, the GPU runs in the 80s and is throttling back.

I replaced a B450 Tomahawk and Ryzen 2700x with a MAG B550 Tomahawk and a Ryzen 5800X3D. I also upgraded the power supply from a Corsair TM850 to a RM1000x

This is my first liquid cooling product, so I have very little experience with them. When I installed this unit years ago, I just plugged it in and everything seemed to work great. Maybe I was just lucky. Hopefully this is something simple that I'm missing due to my inexperience with liquid cooling.

I plugged the pump into a case fan header. From poking around online, I set that fan header to 9v in BIOS and the pump seems to be running around 2600 rpm. The fans on the rad are running much faster than with the previous board. I haven't bothered tuning them until I can get this GPU usable.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Ambuche

I pulled both the video card and the radiator out of my case to upgrade my motherboard and CPU. Before the upgrade, this GPU ran in the 50s under load. After replacing it and the radiator, the GPU runs in the 80s and is throttling back.

I replaced a B450 Tomahawk and Ryzen 2700x with a MAG B550 Tomahawk and a Ryzen 5800X3D. I also upgraded the power supply from a Corsair TM850 to a RM1000x

This is my first liquid cooling product, so I have very little experience with them. When I installed this unit years ago, I just plugged it in and everything seemed to work great. Maybe I was just lucky. Hopefully this is something simple that I'm missing due to my inexperience with liquid cooling.

I plugged the pump into a case fan header. From poking around online, I set that fan header to 9v in BIOS and the pump seems to be running around 2600 rpm. The fans on the rad are running much faster than with the previous board. I haven't bothered tuning them until I can get this GPU usable.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Well, while poking around for some more info. I decided to add some fluid, because I was hearing some bubbles in the pump.

I'm running 35-40 degrees under load. I guess that was my issue. Learn something new every day.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
You always learn something new ;-) If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!