Eiswolf and eisbaer connected for 3080 and 5950X

Granville

Hi All, I saw in some diagrams that it is possible to unscrew connectors on the AIO GPU and CPU setup's and run them in a big loop. Could anyone give me any advice on the sort of improvements that you may get by doing this?

How does it work when disconnecting? Is there some kind of witchcraft to keep the water inside the loop, or is there chance of water egress while I am doing it?

So what I am considering is on a P600S having 360mm rad on the front of the case as intake, then 360mm on top as exhaust. Is that going to be a fairly optimal setup?

Granville

Hi, yes it is possible to run Eiswolf & Eisbaer in one big loop. I have attached a "How to" video for you. Different products, but same approach! The easy way to answer your questions ;-)

Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO GPU Cooler Review with LEO - YouTube

Thanks Thomas, Interesting. They address some of the concerns I have also. If i understand correctly we are actively water cooling all components on the front, but the back of the device is using thermal pads and metal backplate. Is that right?

Is Daniel employed full time to correct pronunciation? :)

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
That's right, the front of the GPU is actively water-cooled, for the back there are heat conducting pads and a metal backplate. The CPU cooler (for AMD) does not come with a backplate.

Daniel is doing much more important things here! I don't know exactly what ;-) (but I do...!) - ask him yourself! I think it was quite a funny insert in the video!