Eiswolf for my Zotac 2080? And a Question.

Crazyw0lf

Hello, I recently got a eisbaer 420 from my uncle as it was extra over from ordering the wrong size for his case (oops :eek:).
So i was looking at using it myself, but as it was semi modular i was thinking of adding a eiswolf and a helix reservoir using some extra quick connects as i think this should work?

But now i found a bit of a problem and im wondering if the list just isnt updated on my card or if they really are different?
I got the "Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 AMP Extreme Core, 8GB GDDR6, HDMI, 3x DP, USB-C ZT-T20800C-10P"

On the part checker and on the pdf list i only see the old icewolf cooler wich isnt made anymore, is my card really so different that the icewolf 2 wont fit?

Was also wondering what i should expect from using a system and setup like this.
In full spec i was looking at a eisbear420 linked to a eiswolf 240 and a helix reservoir to give it a little more water in the loop. CPU temp i can take a geus at as now im using a different 240aio cooler and i get around 70c stressed wich might drop a few degrees from the bigger radiator but not much i geus, what im wondering about if how good does a icewolf work? On air i can get my card to run 60-62c in games overclocked to 2000mhz on 100%fan wich is well LOUD ;) I am hoping to get that temp even lower or atleast the same on less noise, would love to run sub 60c but im not sure this a pipedream on AIO or not?

2nd thing im not sure about and not sure how it works as it is advertised to be used as this is .... the icebaer has a pump and the icewolf has a pump... do you run both or one? Wont 1 pump damage the other in the long run from slight rpm differences and maybe even shape?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Your Zotac has a custom design. The Eiswolf 2 for 2080/2080TI is only for the reference layout so it will not fit. And we dont offer a cooler anymore for this card. Sorry to say... but dont have enough requests to make a block for this card anymore. Makes no sense for us.
The temperatures with a water cooler can be less than 50° under full load. Depends on the radiatorspace. A 420mm radiator is more than enough for that with quiet fans in it.
For example one of my systems.... with a Threadripper 1950X and a 2080TI .... i use only one 360mm radiator to cool both with 1100rpm fans. My temperatures are: CPU: ~65°C on GPU~60° if i push both on full load over an houre with 23° ambient temperature. With a 420mm radiator and a CPU with less TDP (1950x has 180W) its easy to get much better temperatures. But only if you find a block for your card :-/

Crazyw0lf

Ahw to bad i geus ill keep the 420 system around for when i find a normal priced new GPU..... like if that ever comes again :/
Does makes sense though as mine is custom pcb so very understandable ;)

Just for future reference adding a helix reservoir in between the system is a possible option? Even if for looks/peace of mind to add a little more water to the loop :D

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sure you can use a Helix reservoir in this loop. More water makes here not really sense in cooling performance, but it looks better :)