Eiswolf2 high temp

pdifolco

Got an Eiswolf2 recently for Eagle 3080, yesterday I tried to add a D5 pump in my system but fumbled it, eventually I put back the Eiswolf2 in its normal config
Worked well I tested it yesterday evening, 25c idle 60c stress, but this morning it went all wonky and GPU is 60c+ idle!!!
Checked and tightened all the fittings, pump is working ok at 2800rpm, I tried to refill the rad but can't add more than some drops, all this to no avail ..
Any idea/help?

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @pdifolco

The Eiswolf has the quick-release couplings, have you opened them?
If so, are they screwed back together completely? Possibly separate again and screw together again.

Do you have pictures of your current structure on the PC?

Best Regards

pdifolco

Hi @pdifolco

The Eiswolf has the quick-release couplings, have you opened them?
If so, are they screwed back together completely? Possibly separate again and screw together again.

Do you have pictures of your current structure on the PC?

Best Regards

Sorted now thanks
Couplings were tightened, what happened is that the cooler lost too much coolant in my pathetic waterkiller attempts (mounting a pump without securing it, then dismounting and securing it but mounting it wrong way in/out, then dismembering a qr coupling when releasing it and having to reconnect back...), I just had to refill/reboot several times and it went back ok :)

pdifolco

Weird, it's happening again, idle 45C and load up to 90C in seconds...
Yet the rad seems already full, coolant up to the brim, what can I do ?