First Time Watercooling: Ordered a Liquid Devil 6900xt and need advice for the rest of the System

Xander

Hello all,

I wanted to build a new system, this time liquid cooled.
The GPU is a Liquid Devil wich has already an EK Waterblock preinstalled.

Since I saw Alphacool is located in Germany, I wanted to buy from them.

The CPU Will be an AMD 5900x or 5950x.

Are some experienced Builders here, who can suggest me a solid setup including a case (I guess I can make a big mistake via buying an unfitting case)

Build can be an ordinary ATX size and should be quit and cool.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 6900xt.PNG
    6900xt.PNG
    281.3 KB · Views: 2

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Think its better if you choose first a case, so we know what could fit inside. If you are not sure about the case.... post a few options, than we can let you know which is better for a water cooling setup. Otherwise we show you parts and they will not fit.

In general....
A CPU cooler like any XPX (not XPX Pro) for AM4.
Reservoir with a pump top like Eisbecher D5 or Eisbecher DDC. We offer also some versions with a pump included.
For every part like CPU cooler, GPU cooler, radiator.... you will need minimum 2 fittings. And the fittings depends on if you like to use HardTubes, clear softtubes or TPV tubes. There are a lot of options you can choose. I prefere 12,7mm TPV tubes with TPV Nylon fittings for example, other people like the big 16/10mm clear tubes. Doesnt really matter which one you choose, thats up to you.
Radiatorsize at all should be minimum 360mm at all. Or 480mm if you like to have a silent system. Doesnt matter if 1x 480mm or 2x 240mm radiators. Depends on what fits in the case you like.

Xander

Hello Eddy, I am not totally sure yet, but I think something like this:
ASUS ROG Strix Helios Gaming Gehäuse (RGB, EATX/ATX, GPU, Aluminium, Aura Sync, 420mm-Radiatorunterstützung)

Or:
O11Dynamic XL (ROG Certified) Midi-Tower

As for tubes, I think I am going with Hard Tubes and a light colored liquid

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6987

No no, there are 2 tubes to the GPU, look twice ;)
one inlet below, one outlet above