Get water through Alphacool MCX one (air in system?)

00Zeb

Hi!

I just finished my first watercooling build. The plan is to watercool a Raspberry pi 4 and learn something about watercooling before trying it in my daily system.

I have the following components:
  • Alphacool 120 radiator (Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper)
  • Alphacool Eisstation DC-LT inkl. Alphacool DC-LT 2600 Ultra Silent
  • Alphacool MCX one
  • Alphacool MCX 2x
  • Drain valve
I believe there is air in the small hoses for the MCX one - any suggestions of how to get the coolant everywhere?
Or is the pump to weak? Tilting doesnt help..

Attachments

• unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 1

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @00Zeb

For a larger circuit with the DC-LT pump, the MCX manifold will not work.
With this size, however, it can work because the pump is not slowed down by a cooler or by a radiator that is too large.

I tried a small setup with an Eisbaer aio, two extension set hoses with two quick couplings and the MCX distributor with a 1 meter hose. There was a flow in the hose, although not much.

To get the air bubble out of the hose, you can snap your finger against the air bubble in the hose when the pump is running. If this does not move then the flow is too low, then you need a stronger pump.

Best Regards

00Zeb

I did get it working by twisting the system while the pump was running.

In regards to the pump, how weak is it? I mean can it be used to drive for example 240mm radiator and graphics card? How is it in comparison to an eisbaer AIO pump?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
THe DC-LT is the same pump as in our AIOs and is specially made for such small loops. The pump can operate one radiator and one water block ( CPU or GPU). You can also add an 3rd component but this will bring the pump to its limit and the water flow is really low.

00Zeb

THe DC-LT is the same pump as in our AIOs and is specially made for such small loops. The pump can operate one radiator and one water block ( CPU or GPU). You can also add an 3rd component but this will bring the pump to its limit and the water flow is really low.
Thanks. In order to upgrade.... I see the Eistation and VPP bundle is out of stock. Can I combine the eistation I already have with just ordering the pump or is it diffent eistations? Do I need a mounting kit of some sort?

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @00Zeb

They are the same pumps, i.e. the ones you installed and those in an eisbaer AIO or eiswolf AIO. And these create a maximum flow of about 70L/h. The problem is more the MCX distributor, so that it works properly, it needs a higher flow rate. It can work, but doesn't have to.

And now @Vanzin was a little faster than me.😅

Best Regards

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @00Zeb

Unfortunately this is not possible. The ice stations are always for one type of pump (DC-LT, DDC or D5/VPP) because the pump intake is different for each.

00Zeb

I see, so in case I want something that gives me more pump power - do you have any recommendations that offer a good performance / price ratio? Either a bundle or a pump and reservoir that work well together?

I would just take the VPP 755 v3 but the combo with that and the icestation seems out of stock for a long while...

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @00Zeb

The easiest would be with this DC-LT pump, which offers a higher performance than the normal one but can also be noisier.

Alternatively, this ice station would also be something, the built-in DDC pump is also one of the more powerful pumps on the market with the D5 pump.

Best Regards

00Zeb

Hi @00Zeb

The easiest would be with this DC-LT pump, which offers a higher performance than the normal one but can also be noisier.

Alternatively, this ice station would also be something, the built-in DDC pump is also one of the more powerful pumps on the market with the D5 pump.

Best Regards
Thanks!

Both alternatives look fine!

I am going to start my watercooling journey with just watercooling my graphics card. A 2080 which already has good temps and a good cooler. Since I already have the same pump used in the AIO's I believe it will be enough to get started with as long as I only have one radiator (right now a 120mm), am I right in that assumption?