Gigabyte RTX 3080 Waterforce WB and Eisbaer

Aaron Wood

Hello,

I've been looking for a prebuilt loop that I can use with this graphics card. The main issue I've had is that the waterblock is built into it, so the AIO for GPUs would not be helpful (in the the pump is attached to the block that I would not be able to use). I was wondering if it would be possible to use the eisbaer aurora 360 CPU unit, unplugging the CPU cooling part and insteading plugging it into the waterblock already built into the card.
Thanks very much,

Aaron

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Can you link your Graphics card here? So we can see which kind of connections it has. Maybe we have an easy solution.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Ok... perfect... only wanted to know what kind of threads Gigabyte is using.

You need only one of thise extension sets. Doesn`t matter which one. They have only different designs and some have straight or 90° fittings. Depends on you what is better for your setup.

(Liquid included in this set)

And some liquid like: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/kueh.../28704/alphacool-apex-liquid-eco-1000ml-clear

This is very helpfull to fill the Eisbaer: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/zubehoer/27930/alphacool-apex-befuelltrichter-g1/4

Aaron Wood

Thank you so much!
So the Aurora 360 would be okay to use then? I already have a closed loop for my CPU so could I remove that part from the eisbaer, or just leave it attached but not connected up?
Thanks again

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you have the Eisbaer Aurora 360mm... you have a QDC on one tube. You only need to screw the extension set on your GPU and than connect the QDCs on the extension set with your Eisbaer Aurora. But need to fill the Eisbear a bit with some more liquid after you connect the GPU on it. Thats all. Ok, its a bit tricky and please dont fill the Eisbaer inside your PC.
The 360mm radiator is enough for cooling CPU and GPU.... but you will not have the best temperatures. Maybe 60-65° on GPU, depends on your fan settings and room temperatures. But good enough to get the full bosst clock. For a better cooling solution, you will need more radiator space, so a complete DIY water cooling setup.